xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Unregistered025

My Awesome Flip

Ok so i was riding down the sidewalk on my new bike, right?and i come to this busy intersection i had a green so i go around a car and didnt see this bump on the other end of the crosswalki slammed on my front brakes and missed the bump but flew about 20 feet forward off my bike into the grassand barrel rolled over, got back up and rode home.Traffic was like "OMG ARE YOU ALRIGHT THAT WAS KILLER"I said "YEA IM GOOD"It was tight. :D

Well, don't mean to be harsh, but flipping in the middle of an intersection isn't safe, for anyone. You could've been killed. I'm sure you backed up traffic as people rushed over to help. It may have looked cool, but I would try to keep that kind of stuff off the public streets. :D

I'm sure you backed up traffic as people rushed over to help.

I doubt anyone rushed over :P only kidding!!that sounds cool, plus I bet it did make a couple of people laugh!! - Glad you got up and walked away from it (or cycled :D)

um, i hope this has nothing to do with the thread regarding you hearing a buzzing sound in your head.anyway, honestly speaking, this is reckless and quite imprudent on your part. i know extreme sports (although i won't consider this as such) give that indescribable rush of blood on a person, but they do it with supervision, and with a lot of back up just in case. rushing in a busy intersection with a bike and coming out alive doesn't make you cool. it makes you insane. not only it could have thrown you off your bike, but you could have also caused even more problems like cars crashing into each other, people getting hurt or even killed. just because people said "it was a killer" doesn't mean they thought it was cool. or probably you just heard that but actually that person said "you could've killed yourself". please put into mind that bragging about such doesn't make you look cool to people who think what you've done is probably out of insanity.

I'm glad you were ok! In a way it's funny, but then it isn't. XD It sounds like a scene from a comedy movie.

Did you know that, when you have a head injury, you set yourself up to make the next one worse? It's a cumulative effect, especially where concussions are concerned. Boxers...and some football players...are good examples of this. As are some of the guys who do extreme sports.As cool as it looks when you pull off a totally unexpected flip and somehow manage to make it look cool...it can really suck later. Do yourself a favor and find a cool helmet. Seriously. It won't prevent every little bump and scratch, but you have to protect what's inside your skull. :D

Wait he never said he landed on the middle of the intersection... He said he landed on the grass and barrell rolled.. Its still dangerous though. You must have been going really fast to fly that much. Glad to see you are ok.