xisto Community
Pure Evil

Grade My Speech

Hey Can you guys grade my last speech for my speech class..
Give Me An
A
B
C or D

Audience AnalysisPersuasive Policy Speech

1. Perform a demographic Analysis of your audience, by exploring the following categories

• There is all kind of audiences: white, African Americans and Asian. The ages of the audiences are between nineteen to late forties and the education is from high school diploma to bachelors. They are from different cultural background and multi religion. People are the members of religion, student and sports organization.

2. Consider your answers from question #1. Explain how/why the policy you are arguing is significant to your audience. (If it is not, please go on to question 3)
• My policy explains education future of a student. It explains how a person convinced of possessing drugs drop his/her studies because of being denied from aid. Moreover, the audiences are college going and aware of aids, loans.

3. If your topic is NOT significant or applicable to your audience, what can you do to your topic to ensure applicability and significance?

• N/A
4. Does your argument risk angering your audience members? If so, how, and what can you do to prevent it?

• I do not think there is any risk of angering my audience. My topic might let them think on the policy more closely.

5. What ethical responsibilities (of the speaker) does your topic fulfill?

• By talking about the policy of denying aid for student who convinced of selling drugs, I am trying to convince the audience that they should get one chance.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Do not post directions that was handed to you as a "quality" post.

Hey Can you guys grade my last speech for my speech class..Give Me An
A
B
C or D
Audience Analysis
Persuasive Policy Speech
1. Perform a demographic Analysis of your audience, by exploring the following categories

There is all kind of audiences: white, African Americans and Asian. The ages of the audiences are between nineteen to late forties and the education is from high school diploma to bachelors. They are from different cultural background and multi religion. People are the members of religion, student and sports organization.

2. Consider your answers from question #1. Explain how/why the policy you are arguing is significant to your audience. (If it is not, please go on to question 3)
My policy explains education future of a student. It explains how a person convinced of possessing drugs drop his/her studies because of being denied from aid. Moreover, the audiences are college going and aware of aids, loans.

3. If your topic is NOT significant or applicable to your audience, what can you do to your topic to ensure applicability and significance?

N/A
4. Does your argument risk angering your audience members? If so, how, and what can you do to prevent it?

I do not think there is any risk of angering my audience. My topic might let them think on the policy more closely.

5. What ethical responsibilities (of the speaker) does your topic fulfill?

By talking about the policy of denying aid for student who convinced of selling drugs, I am trying to convince the audience that they should get one chance.

Looks great at the moment just by looking at the overview you gave but I am a bit concerned about your "persuasive" part. If I was an examiner, I won't think this is really persuasive at some extent because there is really a lack of repeated phrases. You will probably hear this in politics on TV.... So yeah, repeated phrase will just remind them constantly...

I say a grade "C". I am probably being a bit harsh because I don't see the whole script. Or am I going blind?

What a 'C', Why did you give me a 'C' and whats wrong with the speech, what should be inproved? Please reply and tell me so i can improve the speech...

I don't see the speech. All I can see is the analysis of a speech not the full speech. Plus I don't see no quoting on repetitive phrases. Repetitive phrase is more persuasive that saying a phrase once.

Well, if your speech is anything like your grammar, you'll fail. I give the silly little outline above a D- (only since you didn't include an "F" as an option) because in my first read, I found 13 grammatical errors, and 13 is my lucky number. :D

what about this:Summary No strategies are working on smokers to quite there habit. The United States ?National Institutes Health? trying to increasing the demand for the treatments of smokers by motivates them. They are trying to do so by increasing the taxes of cigarettes, restricting advertising to stop smokers before start.How it?s related to economy:- As it is mentioned in the article that 70 percent out of 44.5 million adult smokers in United States want to quit smoking, but only 5 percent succeed in a year. That show that people are welling to smoke. Do you think they the care about those taxes on the pack of cigarettes? Government is raising the taxes on cigarettes to lower the demand but people are addicted they can?t stop themselves. They are buying it and in one way it?s good for economy because people are paying a lot taxes on a pack of cigarette. My other point of view is if they really want people to quite smoking then they should lower the supply of cigarettes in the market. However, supply is in equilibrium with demand. It have been prove that adults start smoking before age 18 and more than 20 percent in United States kids started smoking at age of 16 to 18. Our government applies lot money on finding the cures but there are 5 percent smokers quit smoking per year. It?s like a cycle, government raising the taxes and that money are using to find cure. But if we predict that demand of cigarettes got decrease in the market then the companies going to have a lot of lose and the government not going to get that much money from the taxes too. When the supply get less then the companies went to high school and give then a packets free so that they get addicted, in this way they not going to lose there buyers. Marbles and Camels have been exports to another countries and United States approve it. I read an article a month ago about how United States companies export cigarettes. In United States it?s illegal to give free packets in high school; however, in other countries they show the advertisement that American people are cool and they are smoking. These things attract the high school students from in other countries. In other words if smoking will be banned in United States (that not going to happed), still U.S government going to have a good money and economy because of exportation. Why I Picked it:- Well, I was finding an article for this assignment and I found 2 articles. I asked u which one is good to write about and u said ?any one?. Therefore I picked this one because it?s easy language and easy to understand. Another reason why I picked this article is that smoking being a big issue not even in United States but in all countries.Agree or Disagree:- I?m agree with the article that there very little people who are willing to quit smoking. However, government has many cures that may help a person to quit. Whatever United States is doing for there own country, rising the taxes or finding the cure. It is still good for United States economy. If people going stop smoking in U.S.A them there are other countries from which they can earn much money.

I don't even know where to start, but due to mis-information and grammar and the fact I couldn't even read the thing all the way through because of those two problems, I don't give it a passing grade. It's in need of factual arguments and sources as well as refinement in a grammatical sense. Plus, it's beating a dead horse. You need fresh subject material to keep your audience awake. Smoking, guns, abortion, alcohol, cell phones in cars are all things people aren't so interested in for a variety of reasons. Find a topic that actually benefits people and enhances the freedom and American experience we're so well known for.

My name is Jennifer Mairel ,I grew up in Albany, Georgia. Which stands North of Tallahassee and south of Atlanta. A small town where we used to drive behind our houses into the garage, at that time there were they call alley. I drive through the neighborhood now; every single house has the garage in the front of the house. And where people will speak to you even if they don?t know you. Just friendly people.I don?t like the way everyday life has changed peoples and family life. For example people do not sit to the table and eat with their family they do not have time. I fault the economy because the cost of living has increases so much that it that took two parents to work out of the house when they don?t know what going on with their kids no communication, because the parents are tired. So much for this you have an understanding right? Now the thing that I love most is that I?m able to have a job to give back to community and enjoy. And that is nursing; I was always told to get into something you love to do, rather than for the money. I would hate to make more money later hate to go to work, more money more problems. I just want to live longer and not stress myself out, so I can irritate my kids. After being a single mom and accepting any job to make ends meet. This is why I decided to come to school, so I can be a RN one day. To have more days off of work to enjoy myself. If there is anything I?d want you to remember from this speech is this. That I enjoy my job and taking care of people. Thank you for your time.