xisto Community
DjLuki

Im Having I.explorer Issues

hi, im having an issue.. i have a window stuck in my desktop and i can't get rid of it.. i can't see the toolbar at the top to exit out and i have restarted the computer but it will not go away. its stuck right there. how can i get rid of it? or is ther way to move it down?? its not a full screen window.. its only like 1/3.

hmm, well the following may work:press ctrl+alt+del and kill iexplore.exeor the other way is to completly remove iexplore by going into your control panel, going into add/remove programsthen click the tab that says add/remove windows componants and uncheck internet explorerif none of the above work i would advise on using system restore and restring to a point before this happened, to do this:go into start->all programs->accessory's->system tools->system restorefollow the on screen instructions then choose a restore point before this happenedthen let windows do its magichope this helps

Let us know if the suggestions worked and if you continue to have this problem, post back and say so.thanks.

Can you send me a screenshot of it, if it hasnt be solved yet?I suspect it is a spyware. You should try using Ad Aware or spyware doctor.

you press ctrl + alt + delete and then go to processes and you will see it there in a list, make sure to click on the name tab so you can organize the files to set it in alphabetical order to find it quicker as well. Also try this; right click on your tool bar on your desk top and then unlock the tool bar with this it should push the window down to be able to close it.

@ Saint_Michael:

I don't think it has things to do with his processes in the task manager because he says when he restarts, it appears again. So therefore why I said it could be a spyware.

And @ DjLuki:

It doesn't matter what internet explorer you are using because it is microsoft after all. :D

Just post up a screenshot for us to see.

I was referring to Luki's post about where to find and and close the process and as for spy unlikly since spyware is programed not to be seen and someone doing it like that is pretty foolish to do so. Just thinking about it though back when I had a Packard Bell the welcome tool tips screen was frozen to the desktop we could never get rid of it, and also provide a a full picture of your process list as well so to double check anything that might not be obvious at this point in time.