xisto Community
gc87

A Few Questions...

I just want to ask some noobish questions since I am not familiar with IPB.How can tell who is an admin and who is a moderator? Usually I am used to looking at legends at the bottom on board statistics at the bottom of the page, but now I don't see one, can anyone help me :D And secondly, If you need to upgrade, does that mean once you get the 1st plan, hosting credit goes to 0.00? or does it stay at 10.00 until it reaches 30.00?I feel terrible now haha :P

You click on their profile. Usually there's a title showing that they are an admin or a moddie. Here admins are bold and in red. Moddies are in green, IIRC. If you need an admin or moddie I believe if you click "members" in the community menu you can single out the admins and moderators in question.

And secondly, If you need to upgrade, does that mean once you get the 1st plan, hosting credit goes to 0.00? or does it stay at 10.00 until it reaches 30.00?

Once you get the first plan 10 credits are subtracted from the total amount of credits you have. You must ask for an upgrade which will subtract 30 credits from your total amount.

So I will need 40 credits altogether to get all plans all at once, right? or can't you do that :D Mind me, I always ask these questions about hosting plans because they always get confused...

You either get the basic or the extended plan for your site. It's one hosting account you get, not two. You will probably need 40 credits if you want your hosting account(if you get the better plan) to stay afloat for a few days after getting your account.

So I will need 40 credits altogether to get all plans all at once, right? or can't you do that :D Mind me, I always ask these questions about hosting plans because they always get confused...

No that's not right. you could just wait until you have 30 credits and go for the upgraded plan right away instead of applying for the 1st plan first for 10 credits then upgrading it for ANOTHER 30 credits. so in the first case, you will only need 30 credits, while if you choose the other way around, you'll need 40 credits to have the upgraded plan.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can start out with the better plan for 30 credits. However, if you're like me, you'll end up using 55 credits in total. This is because first I got the started plan (10 credits), then I changed domains (15 credits), and finally, now I have to upgrade to the better plan.

I just want to ask some noobish questions since I am not familiar with IPB.How can tell who is an admin and who is a moderator? Usually I am used to looking at legends at the bottom on board statistics at the bottom of the page, but now I don't see one, can anyone help me :P

And secondly, If you need to upgrade, does that mean once you get the 1st plan, hosting credit goes to 0.00? or does it stay at 10.00 until it reaches 30.00?

I feel terrible now haha :D

As of IPB 2.1 I believe the default settings are set that admin are red, mod's are blue and members are black. Also the Legend isn't a setting it is more of a mod so you won't see it unless you install the mod, or you just edit the php file and add in your own HTML. Either plan you get your credits will be reduce to zero, so if oyu get the first plan you will have to build up your credits to 30 then apply for the upgrade.

You click on their profile. Usually there's a title showing that they are an admin or a moddie. Here admins are bold and in red. Moddies are in green, IIRC. If you need an admin or moddie I believe if you click "members" in the community menu you can single out the admins and moderators in question.Once you get the first plan 10 credits are subtracted from the total amount of credits you have. You must ask for an upgrade which will subtract 30 credits from your total amount.

Clicking someone's profile takes to long a quick method would be to go to the members search page and in a drop down menu they list the groups that the admin have set up. That way you just select the group and then press go and the search will display all the people in that particular group. I believe some other forum software does this as well not to sure about it. A Small correction mods are blue not green and you are correct about the community members link (referr to my first sentence about doinig it as such.

So I will need 40 credits altogether to get all plans all at once, right? or can't you do that :P Mind me, I always ask these questions about hosting plans because they always get confused...

You just need 10 credits for the first plan or 30 credits for the default settings you don't need 40 to get both since your only allowed one or the other.

You either get the basic or the extended plan for your site. It's one hosting account you get, not two. You will probably need 40 credits if you want your hosting account(if you get the better plan) to stay afloat for a few days after getting your account.

Your correct for the most part you usually want at least 10 credits the day your hosting gets activated so you won't have any problems that first day, but you can get as many credits as you want. You usually want to have at least a months worht of credits so you won't have any problems if you plan to go on vacation or go out of town for a couple of weeks,

No that's not right. you could just wait until you have 30 credits and go for the upgraded plan right away instead of applying for the 1st plan first for 10 credits then upgrading it for ANOTHER 30 credits. so in the first case, you will only need 30 credits, while if you choose the other way around, you'll need 40 credits to have the upgraded plan.

what I just said :D

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can start out with the better plan for 30 credits. However, if you're like me, you'll end up using 55 credits in total. This is because first I got the started plan (10 credits), then I changed domains (15 credits), and finally, now I have to upgrade to the better plan.

You can go either way depending on what kind of site you want to build, for most people who are brand new to hosting using the first plan will give them an idea on how it all works. Then once they feel comfortable enough they can upgrade to the default package.