xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Striker9099

New Game Idea: Simcity + Generals mixture!

Well I've always thought of such game where you can build a real city and having a battle going on as well. The going to invade other cities and stuff like that. So basically you'll have Simcity and Generals combined together but also with some ideas from other games like Zeus concerning gathering resources and building a solid economy. It would be really great of some company would build this game because I actually like Simcity but I find it pointless and I also like Generals but I always feel that something is missing! But when we incorporate those two games together, we'll have an awesome game that could go on forever until you dominate all the surrounding cities, and maybe also add something to it like riots and revolutions in some cities so that it won't get boring once you could actually dominate the whole map. So what do you guys think about this game?

If i remember correctly on how simcity is like, don't you have to worry about natural disasters and your very citizens messing up the city? If you were to include such a thing into this game you have thought up, you would not only have to worry about attacking-neighbors, but also your own citizens ruining your supplies, and the natural disasters. However, i can see this working not only against you but for you as well. But the chances of it working for you are not as high as it is working against you. So, i'm assuming you're not going to include all features from both games, right (if this game were to be actually made, of course)?

Oh man, how could you thought about combining to mega Games, i can imagin that you are getting to feel out after playing a lot of generals and simcity, so you should play Generals Zero hour, or its further expention Zero hour last stand , whcih can fill the missing factor in your entertainment.As for your idea to combine both games, can not make and sence , because both having papularity because they have uniqe ideas, So you should play Zero hour with more teams and powers, as far last stand is concern Electronic Arts introduce first time Usama bin Ladin's team and Sadam hussain's Team , againest President Bush, representing USA Comand and chief.

This idea is actually pretty good! The game company could easily add difficulty levels, per say:Rookie - -80% Citizen CorruptionEasy - -50% Citizen CorruptionMedium - Normal Citizen CorruptionHard - +20% Citizen CorruptionOf course, these would have more to it. This game would require a lot of strategy, as you'll have to manage a city, plus an entire military. It'll teach you organization skills and how to manage more than one thing at a time. For example, your city is growing quickly, requiring constant attention, and all of a sudden you're attacked. At first, you won't know what to do, but after a while you'll become used to it and be able to do both at the same time.To add this idea, a Drafting System. Considering you have a city, and a military, sometimes you'll need to draft a few people. Conscripts, half regular health, but strong in large numbers. A lot of those and you could turn the tide of a battle. To top it off, you also need to keep your people happy, to prevent them from causing a racket and sabotaging your military possessions. All in all, after changing a few problems, this could really turn out good.

If my memory serves correct, there is (or are) some games like that. I personally have encountered Impression's Pharaoh but there are other similar games in different cultures such as Caesar III (Roman) and Empire (or Dynasty or Emperor, I forgot the exact title. This one's in China)Anyway, the game is just that: city-building, military training, economic engineering, trade relations, etc. You are also prone to natural disasters. In Pharaoh, trade relations get cut off by shifting dunes or high winds, something dark lurks in or contaminates the waters, a drought deprives your farmers of much-needed irrigation, fire burns your granaries, your gold mines collapse, etc.You are also ruled by gods (five of them) and incurring the wrath of any of them could destroy an aspect of your city. Ra ups or lowers your political and economic relations with other cities. Osiris deals with agriculture (if you're devout, you can have a full Nile flood in the middle of a drought!)For battles, you can be invaded by the Nubians, Libyans or any other tribes in the Mediterranean. You can pray to the war god, Seth, and he might give you an instant victory in just a snap of a finger. No flashy magic tricks though; enemy soldiers just drop down dead. Kinda Death Note-ish :PAside from keeping a healthy bank account, you also need to keep a healthy city. Your Nile-bound state is threatened by malaria and plague; you have to take measures that these isolated cases do not escalate into a contagion, as a matter of fact, do not let them happen in the first place.Only thing is that these things are not as graphic as Sims or Generals, but if you're just after the concept, why not give it a try? :POh yeah, I also heard of an SNES game called Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I've tried it once, long, long ago. I think it's the same here but it's a bit more... militaristic than SimCity (and a lot less graphic than even Pharaoh, might I add) :D

Civilization is similar, but it's not completely what you are talking about because it doesn't allow for managing individual citiesl like SimCity. A game combining both aspects would be quite complex and difficult to manage. The programming to some extent would probably be easier than playing the game. The game would also be about 1/3 larger, possibly and most likely greater.

well, there is such a game similar its called world domination/2 you have population, buildings and military, you have to destroy the enemy buildings and they destroy yours + all the diplomacy features. I thought of this idea before too since I like Simcity and I also like rts games.So my idea for game like this feel free to modify it:you start building your average city, blah blah blah. Zone RSI get all the ultilities and stuff, then build factories to create jobs and build tings like recruitment facilities, and the higher your population the more you'll recruit and when they get recruited you can make them drive tanks, become frontline infantry and stuff, and maybe for a ordinance a forced military training which might decrease aura but may let your units come out as veterans?Also there should be units suited for urban combat and units for just plain all out war combat. This game should become very popular for all the SC+RTS fans but might get a little competition from EA and THQ and stuff

This idea is actually pretty good! The game company could easily add difficulty levels, per say:
Rookie - -80% Citizen Corruption
Easy - -50% Citizen Corruption
Medium - Normal Citizen Corruption
Hard - +20% Citizen Corruption

Of course, these would have more to it. This game would require a lot of strategy, as you'll have to manage a city, plus an entire military. It'll teach you organization skills and how to manage more than one thing at a time. For example, your city is growing quickly, requiring constant attention, and all of a sudden you're attacked. At first, you won't know what to do, but after a while you'll become used to it and be able to do both at the same time.

To add this idea, a Drafting System. Considering you have a city, and a military, sometimes you'll need to draft a few people. Conscripts, half regular health, but strong in large numbers. A lot of those and you could turn the tide of a battle.

To top it off, you also need to keep your people happy, to prevent them from causing a racket and sabotaging your military possessions.

All in all, after changing a few problems, this could really turn out good.

Yup you've got my idea quiet well! The thing is that I don't want to build an army alone or a city alone. I want to build the two together! and I should be able to take care of both chores together! like having a strong military that is able to defend my city from foreign invasions AND inside revolutions, and at the same time I should have a nice city with a strong economy and advanced technology and stuff like that...

well, there is such a game similar its called world domination/2 you have population, buildings and military, you have to destroy the enemy buildings and they destroy yours + all the diplomacy features. I thought of this idea before too since I like Simcity and I also like rts games.So my idea for game like this feel free to modify it:
you start building your average city, blah blah blah. Zone RSI get all the ultilities and stuff, then build factories to create jobs and build tings like recruitment facilities, and the higher your population the more you'll recruit and when they get recruited you can make them drive tanks, become frontline infantry and stuff, and maybe for a ordinance a forced military training which might decrease aura but may let your units come out as veterans?
Also there should be units suited for urban combat and units for just plain all out war combat.
This game should become very popular for all the SC+RTS fans but might get a little competition from EA and THQ and stuff

yeah I like your idea as well, it's very close to mine... I just wish I could actually make this game come true but too bad I know nothing about game coding... hopefully some guy from a big company would read this topic and actually do it :D

you could get some cheap rts game engine OR if you're illegal enough you can "rip" the engines out of generals (supreme commander's would be better) and also "rip" the engine from simcity 4 modify it a bit and voila a game called SimGenerals

you could get some cheap rts game engine OR if you're illegal enough you can "rip" the engines out of generals (supreme commander's would be better) and also "rip" the engine from simcity 4 modify it a bit and voila a game called SimGenerals

lol do you know how to do that? I'm talking about ripping the engines of the two games... if you can do it, then what are you waiting for!! :P and yes I'm illegal enough to do so... nothing is legal in my country anyway :D