xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BooZker

Why So Many Of The Lowercase I? To many and no point for it.

I want to know how it started and why so many use it. I believe it started with the iMac. That's a great idea same as iPod. It was original and unique and never done before. Now it is getting SiCK-A-NiNG. How you ask? How about that "gangsters" type with lowercase "I"s and all caps. Example if you have not seen it or form another country, it looks like this:"HEY WHATS UP HOMiE. WANNA CHiLL TOMORROW. iS THAT AiGHT WiTH U?"It is so annoying. I think apple should be able to and should use it as much as they want since they started it, then what about the products and movies like:iLikeFiOSSiCKOiGoogleiJoy (a massage chair)There are to many to count. These are just products and not even emails, chats, posters (I see band posters every day at college with band names and shows with lowercase "I"s). I think this is way over used and as a designer I believe in being original and these are just blatent and they just want to make more money. What do you guys think. It makes me mad people take stuff from other companies that actually thought of a unique idea.

Basically it is a tech fad just like Norton 360 and Xbox 360, you can blame Apple/Mac for starting that crazed with the iMac. Eventually everyone is will have a new letter or word to replace it. Of course lets not forget that the "e-" is still a big fad; like e-trade, e-mail and millions of others with the "e-" name :D.