xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
takotsu

Internet Radio?

hey, anyone know of a free program for streaming radio over the internet?i've tried shoutcast and winamp but the live feeding is no good.streaming prerecorded files is ok, but are there any that stream live? (or at least somewhat live?)

look man i think that winamp is best decision. I'm using it from 2 years and i have no problems. If you have any problems they are from your internet speed. You can use also Windows Media Player. The quality is the same.PS: sorry for the bad english

Edited by koychev (see edit history)

Hi there. I think that windows media player 11 OR Jet audio is the beat for online streaming. They both have latest codecs and better playback. just go ahead and try these. i m sure you will be quiet happy after using this. plz do tell me about your experience.

I, like koychev, think that Winamp is the best.If you want a different one, why don't you use VLC Player? It can anything (almost).Or search:live stream internet radio

I, like koychev, think that Winamp is the best.If you want a different one, why don't you use VLC Player? It can anything (almost).

Or search:live stream internet radio

Last time I checked, VLC was vunrable to a virus becasue of some fault.Not sure what it was and if it is resolved.

Last time I checked, VLC was vunrable to a virus becasue of some fault.Not sure what it was and if it is resolved.

VLC is quite good player but I personaly use winamp vesion 5.5, and that what you are saying is very strange to me. I just can't believe ...If you want to liste more stations over the internet everyone should check: http://dir.xiph.org/
There is a big number of stations that are streaming in mp3, ogg and aac audio format.

Regards.

I'm not to sure because I ain't really looked into this subject much, but I hear that Sam Broadcaster is a good piece of equipment to use to broadcast songs on internet radios.It costs though, but you can find cracked versions of it across the web.