xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AceGirl

Hosting Information

I feel a little slow asking and its probably answered somewhere else, but where do get your hosting details. I already did the process thing and I checked my installation configuration. Did I already get them and overlooked it?P.S. I am having trouble getting into my cPanel.

Your hosting login and other important information were displayed following the succession of your account creation.The proper way to access your cpanel is by yoursubdomain.trap17.com where "yoursubdomain" is the sub-domain you requested with Xisto hosting application.If you are accessing cpanel for the first time, allow pop-up and click on OK when a security alert message shows up with a warning message. Otherwise you cannot access your cpanel using the above link.Another way to access your cpanel is by gamma.xisto.com/cpanel and enter your cpanel username and password.

I would like to mention a small correction in buff's post; in order to access Cpanel through your sub domain it is yoursubdomain.trap17.com/cpanel. Also you should have received an email either in your bulk folder or your regular folder mentioning everything you need to know about your account. Another way you can access your cpanel with a couple clicks is through this forum; if you look at the top of the site you will see a series of links Search, Xisto, Free Web Hosting and a few others. Now you want to click the Free Web Hosting Link and a drop down menu will appear; 3rd and 4th link will bring you to the cpanel log in menu and then your set.

A good idea would be to set up a bookmark for anyone of those links to the cpanel and then all you have to do is click that bookmark and your set.

Well as said the password should have been emailed to you, if youve tried that password and it didnt work try copying and pasting it, if it still doesnt work drop another line on the forums and get it changed. If you change it yourself it will cost you credits but if there is a genuine error somewhere then im sure the situation can resolved without the need for bloodshed :D

Thanks for the correction, SM. Staying up late and fixing stuff + making support post = disaster :D

The password to your cpanel is the password you set during the initial account setup. If you have forgotten or have the wrong password, visit https://support.xisto.com/ , aka "The Process Page" and reset your cpanel password. It will cost 10 of your hosting credits. It's option #8 by the way.

There's no email with your account information. The only account information you see is the page right after the succession of account creation. It says to save this page. This is for your own safety and safety of your account and server.Information contains the address to use FTP, your cpanel username and password, cpanel address etc., which all can be found right here in the forum. So don't sweat it. If you need HOW-TO Xisto account, just read up on Xisto Readme first then search the forum or PM a member/moderator/admin.