xisto Community
Silent Shadow

Building A Computer

HI everyone. I have deciced to bulid a computer I was wonderning if there was any who could help me with some stuff. The First thing is I have a maximum Computer book that tells me how but if you know a better one could you tell me.Second I was wonderning how much it would cost me to do this. I would like it to have 1 tera bite of memory, cd dvd burner, Windows vista home. A great video chip and a intel core duel proccer chip.

I am in the process of building a computer myself (taking a hardware course right now) and for the build I have set is about $750 without an operating system. Now depending on what kind of parts your going after, you might spend about $1000+; especially since your going for a TB hard drive.

To get your parts cheap you want to go to this website New Egg, if you need more help then whats posted, get a hold of me either through MSN or yahoo and I can help you further. My hardware teacher has a few guides on our class website that tells you the process of what to install first. From first six weeks of class I can tell you how to start purchasing parts, or for the most part how to set up the order:

1: Start with the motherboard first
2: Pick compatible processor for that motherboard
3: Pick Compatible RAM for the motherboard
4: Pick your computer case that uses the same form factor as your motherboard
5: Pick your cooling system that you will want to install into your case(most motherboards and processors come with there own cooling system)
6: Pick your power supply that is compatible for the motherboard and for the computer case
7: Pick your hard drive, CD rom drive, Floppy Drive or other drives you want to install
8: Pick out video or audio cards you might want to install
9: Pick out your monitor, keyboard, mouse and any other accessories you might want.

If you loosely follow that ordering procedure you should have a good system picked out, of course picking the right parts takes even longer since there is so many of them.