xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
srujanlive

Iphone... Anyone? Anyone here who bought an iPhone

Ok... Has any user on this forum bought the undoubtedly overhyped iPhone? If yes , could you share your user experience?The problem is I can't buy one even if I want too. Apple has always been myopic. Well, most companies are. I still feel that launches should occur worldwide at the sametime when the product is being hyped worldwide. But that is not the question, is it? iDay has come and gone. iPhones still remain on Apple and AT&T stores. So were the sales as good as predicted? Was Apple just too well prepared to deal with the initial rush? Or was it a disappointment? Reading from the reviews which were mostly positive, I think iPhone is a pretty good success. Maybe just for the US. Reviews have been telling me that its 2 megapixel camera is one good reason to buy it.... Wait a minute.. 2 megapixel was the standard last year.. This year it is a fossil. Pretty much every cam phone that is released these days has that. The cam has no other options.You just cannot adjust it. No brightness control. No color balance. No nightmode. Onto the browser. Held by many as the killer app, Apple boasts that this shows web pages as webpages not a toned down version. But guess what.... there is no flash... What? A webpage without flash? Thats pretty much what you get with a 'toned down version' of the internet. The killer app may actually be something else... The visual voicemail. Thats the feature iPhone has that other phones don't have... Well other than the multitouch screen, accelerometer,proximity sensor (Matrix, anyone) iPod with coverflow and as of now Youtube. The voicemail shows you how many messages you have instead of you hearing it. All in all iPhone fans wont be disappointed and iPhone critics wont be disappointed either. Either way it works. Now I am waiting for iPhone 2.0.. Well that one would definitely have flash support, 3G, a videocam, a normal headset , and wont have the unnecessary AT & T baggage. That is an iPhone I would wanna buy.But unlike me, there must be someone here who has bought an iPhone. Please share your experiences here.

Edited by srujanlive (see edit history)

Even though I'm with the only provider that currently works with the iPhone, I'm not buying that overrated thing.It's not that I hate Apple. Some of their ideas are really sweet, after all. (Loyal iTunes user here - even though I don't own an iPod. Heh.)I just don't like cell phones nearly enough to want or need an all-in-one, "do everything in the world and then some" model. I have the free phone that came with my contract. It does more than I need. I couldn't care less about the built-in camera. All that I really wanted was a basic phone that would handle telephone calls, SMS and my own ring tones (MP3 files in my case).So...I wouldn't actually use most of the iPhone's features.And I'm not sure what to think about that gigantic touch screen just yet. Yes, it's cool. Yes, it's neat. But nobody knows how long that thing is going to hold up. It could be a super-tough thing that lasts for years. Or it could fall apart in six months. The first people in line to buy new stuff are basically product testers. Just ask the people who swarmed on the XBox when it was first released (power-cord problems abounded).I can understand why some people want the iPhone. It does a lot of neat things. Because it's an Apple product, it's a built-in status symbol of sorts. And, hey, it DOES do things that no other phone currently does.But I can't possibly be the only person alive who's content with the free contract phone, right? :)

Well I don't really like the iPhone. I prefer having an iPod and a regular cell phone, I don't prefer mixing things up. But actually I've recently bought a Nokia N-73 which I think is enough for me to replace an iPhone, especially after I used a 1 gig memory card (it is enough for my music and videos) and I have even used a 2 gig memory card. why would I need a huge memory card? it's really useless. Moreover, the camera in the Nokia N73 is much better than that in an iPhone. That in the N73 is 3.2 Mega Pixel while that in the iPhone is only 2 Mega Pixel. Also, the iPhone's price is double that of the Nokia N73. And in case I wanted to spend 600$ on something like that I would definitely choose to buy the Nokia N-95 which has a 16 MB storage card, 5 Mega Pixel camera!!!! and a GPS system!

Ok... Has any user on this forum bought the undoubtedly overhyped iPhone? If yes , could you share your user experience?
The problem is I can't buy one even if I want too. Apple has always been myopic. Well, most companies are. I still feel that launches should occur worldwide at the sametime when the product is being hyped worldwide. But that is not the question, is it? iDay has come and gone. iPhones still remain on Apple and AT&T stores. So were the sales as good as predicted? Was Apple just too well prepared to deal with the initial rush? Or was it a disappointment? Reading from the reviews which were mostly positive, I think iPhone is a pretty good success. Maybe just for the US. Reviews have been telling me that its 2 megapixel camera is one good reason to buy it.... Wait a minute.. 2 megapixel was the standard last year.. This year it is a fossil. Pretty much every cam phone that is released these days has that. The cam has no other options.You just cannot adjust it. No brightness control. No color balance. No nightmode.

Onto the browser. Held by many as the killer app, Apple boasts that this shows web pages as webpages not a toned down version. But guess what.... there is no flash... What? A webpage without flash? Thats pretty much what you get with a 'toned down version' of the internet.

The killer app may actually be something else... The visual voicemail. Thats the feature iPhone has that other phones don't have... Well other than the multitouch screen, accelerometer,proximity sensor (Matrix, anyone) iPod with coverflow and as of now Youtube. The voicemail shows you how many messages you have instead of you hearing it.

All in all iPhone fans wont be disappointed and iPhone critics wont be disappointed either. Either way it works. Now I am waiting for iPhone 2.0.. Well that one would definitely have flash support, 3G, a videocam, a normal headset , and wont have the unnecessary AT & T baggage. That is an iPhone I would wanna buy.
But unlike me, there must be someone here who has bought an iPhone. Please share your experiences here.

Thats extremely true, the iPhone is overrated and I personally do not know why people would want to buy it. Without Flash internet browser is junk. You could just go on the web off a PSP. The visual voicemail is just some weird tactic to get people to pay more. It probably made the price go up about 20 bucks? Or maybe like $70. I mean its just a phone. Its a big waste of money and i would be unwilling to pay another few bucks for the 2.0

Honestly.....don't need one.....don't really want one. I may be a bit materialistic (I enjoy getting DVDs and CDs) and like nice things.......but you cannot talk me into buying a cellphone for 600 bucks. I don't care that it's also an iPod.....I have an Ipod and don't need another one. Also......the internet isn't that great on the iPhone. They don't support any flash or java because those aren't apple products and so therefore a lot of the internet sites you may want to visit don't work. It doesn't help that the screen is pretty small and I don't wanna surf the web on it. I just can't afford it and even if I could......I doubt i'd buy it.Differen't strokes for different folks tho.

I don't have a cell phone as it is. If I don't have a cell phone, why would I need a cell phone that can do nearly everything but clean your kitchen sink? It lacks flash support so I'm not really going to bother trying to buy it anyways.

I've heard this phone can do so many things. Why would we want to watch TV on one of those things? Is it that hard to get a mini-DVD player for road trips? And what would a TV be useful for if we watched our shows on a phone? Would people ignore calls if they were watching a favorite show?

I'm going to have to go against everyone on this one. My friend has one and it is awesome. Some of the features are incredible complex and it even uses physics! For example, when scrolling through your music, it scrolls faster the faster you move your finger and it goes for longer as well. The only down side is the price. For a phone, the price is ridiculous. Apple has set a new standard for mobile devices and will surely start an onslaught of other phones like it. However, I think the iPhone will remain superior to the rest until new technology comes around.

Hi,I don't think I will ever buy an Iphone even if I could afford it. Besides why would I need it? If I wanted to watch T.v I would only have to turn away from my computer and switch it on :D I work for almost 15 hours a day so all I have time for is to eat, play with my pets and sleep :P Also you would want to watch movies in that? Don't you think the screen would be a bit unsatisfactory for watching movies. I listen to music only when I am working so I can cross out music :PI don't think it is worth it unless you are always on the road and have a lot of money

the answer in no....for music i have an MP3 player...for making calls i have a decent cell that does its job well...i do not watch tv on the streets or while travelling and im not much of a wanderer..so no point havin an overhyped and crammed device which cannot work well as any of the above......im happy with a good old nokia 3300 for a phone(seroiusly:P)

i think Iphone is over all not a great phone...cuz put it like this...a touch screen phone breaks easy...just like the LG chocolatte..the sun killed the screen so iphone will have the same problem....i hope not cuz i like it and im fixing to get it...but we'll c in a couple of months