xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
techclave

Study In The Us

I want to pursue my higher education in the US. I am currently doing BE(bach. of engineering) in Info. Tech in India. I want to do MS in CSE in the US. I am currently preparing for GRE. Other than that what are the other educational qualifications needed to go abroad?

The GRE is a good start. I'm not sure of exactly what else you'll need - other than your transcripts, of course.Have you selected a few schools that you'd like to attend? If so, their Web sites probably have information for non-American students.

I want to pursue my higher education in the US. I am currently doing BE(bach. of engineering) in Info. Tech in India. I want to do MS in CSE in the US. I am currently preparing for GRE. Other than that what are the other educational qualifications needed to go abroad?

pleasehow can someone secure admission into the outside country
iam from nigeria i wish to study computer scienceabroad here in nigeria they are not well technicalize so i wish i could make it travel ouside to become a guru
can it be possible?
any suggestions?

How to obtain college or graduate education from abroad? Generally speaking, the procedure is as easy as 1-2-3 today with the help of internet. Step 1: Determine which country you would like to go to pursue further education. This really has to do with your own background, your plan for the future, and your knowledge about other countries. If you are not sure, I would suggest to look on the internet, especially regarding other countries.Step 2: Choose which schools you would like to apply. You can look for a list of colleges and universities of the country you would like to study on the internet. Or, search for terms like "most popular schools" or ask a friend to help you choose. Step 3: Apply for admission to the schools of interest. Go to the websites of the schools that you have already picked. Look at what is required to apply for admission. For US schools, it is normally TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT if applicable, completed application forms with application fees, letters of recommendation, transcripts, application for financial aids or scholarships, and so on. Sometimes, interviews may be required.Step 4: Wait for your letters of admission from the schools. Good luck!Step 5: Decide which school to go to. You likely will receive letters of admission and "no-admission" from all the schools you have applied. If you do receive letters of admission, it is a good practice to reply to all those letters no matter whether you decide to go to those schools or not. Step 6: Get ready to go to the school of your choice. Once you choose which school to go to, you should check to see whether you need a visa. Normally, if you do need a visa, the school will let you know that, especially if you let the school know you intend to go. You can also find out about that by visiting the foreign embassy's website. Either the school will mail you a copy of the visa application or you can download from embassy's website. You will also need to show proof of financial means if you have to apply for a visa. Good luck with your new adventure!