xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
genuinek

Dvd Creation Software

Hello, I am in need for some software that can create a DVD movie from the ground-up.Here are some things that I am looking for. 1. Being able to create DVD menus. 2. Being able to add in menu background music. 3. Able to give the option to select a specific scene. I believe there is a program out there that could fit my needs; however, I dont know which one to chose or even where to start looking.I would greatly appreciate it if any of you guys could list some software that you know of.Also, if you own or have tried any software like this could you please tell what your personal opinions are about the software.

I'm sure you are requesting for software that works on the windows OS? I'm assuming so because macs are so great that many people feel intimidated to use them. :)Anyway unfortunately, I do not know of any dvd authoring software for windows, but if you buy a mac with a built in dvd burner it comes with an app called iDvd. It's pretty good for a free dvd authoring app. It lets you customize menus and pretty much everything you would ever need, but if you want to go a bit more professional, apple also has Dvd studio pro, which professionally authors DVDs. It has a bit of a steep learning curve, but once you get it you have much more control over the dvd than you do in iDvd. You can manipulate different tracks and menus separately. This means being able to make chapter select pages, subtitles, multiple video and multiple audio tracks, and even defining certain buttons on the remote control to do different functions at different times.

There is WinAVI that has DVD creation software in it. I have also got Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator that will do what you want from ground up. It has a simple wizard which will guide you through the process. If you dont want to pay for the software you could always look on sourceforge for DVD Creation Software.