xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
farh1n

One More Study On Teens One-third of online teens bullied, study finds

Nearly a third of online teens say they have been harassed on the Internet, with girls and participants of social-networking sites more likely to be targets, a study finds.

Hi, guys
another study conducted on teens, which shows elder's interest, read funny stuff below

One-third of teens online reported being harassed in studyGirls more likely to be bullied
Two-thirds say bullying was more common offline

two-thirds of teens say bullying and harassment occur more often offline.

According to the Pew Internet and American Life Project, the most common forms of cyberbullying are publicly disclosing someone else's private e-mail or messages, sending threatening or aggressive messages and spreading rumors online.

Pew also counts as cyberbullying the posting of an embarrassing picture of someone else without permission.

Thirty-two percent of online teens said they have experienced at least one of those acts.

It rose to 38 percent among online girls and 39 percent among users of social-networking sites like MySpace and Facebook.

The telephone study of 886 U.S. Internet users age 12 to 17 was conducted October 23 to November 19. It has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

Notice from truefusion:
Quote what is not yours and provide source.

All I'd have to do was mention that I'm hispanic on Yahoo chat, and the cruel comments would start coming in. Sometimes I'd just disagree on a political viewpoint and they'd insult me for thinking differently. Who gave these people the right to call someone names over a disagreement? I've never had anything bad happen to me on MySpace though, but I never post my picture.

Cause these low lifes are basically only roaming around online because they are either bored or victimes of abuse in the offline world, therefore it makes them feel bigger for that moment. Gone are the days of "Dont do to someone, what one wouldn't want done to themselves" and now online bullying is so easy because it's much easier to get ahold of this information. You have a fight with one friend at school who knows your email address -> Spreads it to 30 people who then spread it to another 30 so on and so on. Your never going to stop cyber bullying as long as there is always offline bullying going on. You call someone a "N0b" at school and then you have a punch on, but it still goes into a flaming conversation over MSN Messenger/AIM/Yahoo etc...

Wist they'd leave us teens alone.Heck ,they do all these surveys and WHAT? does ANY of it stop?NO.WHY?because thers surveys are just meant for statistics and for nothing else.What has ever been done to prevent bullying in schools,it STILL goes on,and we teens who are at the receiving end of all the crap are the ones who have to read about our "plight" at various places so that someone ELSE,who isnt even remotely related to us can get his 15 minutes of fame.NO amount of internet security will EVER prevent online bullying because the internet is a place where reality can be distorted without much effort.It'd be better if all these agencies that fill their record books by taking "pool's" ACTUALLY found out the cause of the bullying and DO something about it.

The first day I had myspace, I was friended by a guy who was atleast 6 years my senior who wanted a relationship XD I just ignored it. Theres so much spam on myspace, its really annoying... I dont really use networking sites that much though.