xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
crazymind21

Giving A Flash Button A Link i get errors

oke well i made my button and i addet the actionscript to give the button an url,see the screenshot below

Posted Image

now for some reason it gives me errors,and i don't know what i did wrong to be honest,so can some one help me out with this

p.s i do use flash cs3 so i dunno maybe its another way to put an url on ur button with this version cause with flash pro8 and mx i never had a problem with this

well puck ty for even bothering posting something, but there is a screenshot on my post and u obviously didn't look at it,!!!!but don't be bothered i figured it out myself

In the future it would be nice if you posted the fix on Xisto but since I'm so uber pro at flash I'll tell everybody for you. The problem was that you were putting an on event in a frame. Any time you use on(etc...), it needs to be in the actions of that symbol itself. If you just put it in the frame, flash has no idea what the user is supposed to click on for the event to happen.

How to give a link from flash button to a frame which is designed in Dreamviewer Giving A Flash Button A LinkHi,I have designed a web page using Dreamviewer8.Which contains 3 frames namely1.Left frame2.Middle frame3.Right frameMiddle frame - flash8 swf file has been imported(which has 8 buttons with the link to a left frame)When I click the buttons in the flash file,the content of the left frame should change.I.E., differnt html file will load in the left frame according to the user clicks the btns in the middle frame..I wrote the code like this in my flash file button,On(release){GetURL("Lungs.Html","left frame")}It works well in Mossila fire fox..But when I run in Internet Explorer I'm getting new window.I.E,. Html file is not loaded in the same page frame..It opens a page in a new window..I need a page to open a same window left side frame.. Pls help me what's the problem..Why IE opens a page in a new window..I tried all the possiblities like_parent,_top,_self ,GET,POST method , etc.,Nothing gave me a solution..

how to link a flash button to a Dreamviewer framesGiving A Flash Button A LinkHi, I have designed a web page using Dreamviewer8.Which contains 3 frames namely1.Left frame2.Middle frame3.Right frameMiddle frame - flash8 swf file has been imported(which has 8 buttons with the link to a left frame)When I click the buttons in the flash file,the content of the left frame should change.I.E., differnt html file will load in the left frame according to the user clicks the btns in the middle frame..I wrote the code like this in my flash file button,

On(release)

{

GetURL(Lungs.Html","left frame")

}

Itworks well in Mossila fire fox..But when I run in Internet Explorer I'mgetting new window.I.E,. Html file is not loaded in the same pageframe..It opens a page in a new window..I need a page to open asame window left side frame.. Pls help me what's the problem..Why IEopens a page in a new window..I tried all the possiblities like_parent,_top,_self ,GET,POST method etc<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />Nothing gave me a solution..-reply by ambiga

Swf file in new flash windowGiving A Flash Button A LinkBasically I want to open a SWF file to a button but in a completely newWindow however I?m not talking web related I.E. Not linking to a webPageLike...On (release) {GetUrl("http://www.blah.com/;)}Whateva it is...Don?t want that... I want it so it simply opens aCompletely new window within flash which I can close... The reason forThis is I have a SWF file which is protected and I cant create a backButton within it... So I need it to open a completely new window so ICan get back to my main page...All I seem to find are examples like the one aboveAny ideas? Thanks

-reply by SiddwaKeywords: actionscript for flash buttons to open swf files

flash button link to email?Giving A Flash Button A Link

I've linked a button in CS4/actionScript 3.0 to my email. Everytime it opens, it also opens a blank browser page. How can I correct this? Below is the code I'm using.

button_btn.AddEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, buttonClickHandler);function buttonClickHandler(event:MouseEvent):void {  navigateToURL(new URLRequest("mailto:usdprintshop@gmail.Com"));  trace("I'm clicked");}

-reply by Nichole

Linking Flash button to Dreamweaver pageGiving A Flash Button A Link

Okay I'm making a website for my class and I'm having some troubleI want to make my button in Flash CS3 open up a DreamWeaver pageI did get it to open up, but it does it automatically, where I need it to open up when you push the button.Here's the code I'm using right now{getUrl ("file_name.Html");}I've also tried this one but I keep getting errorsButton_name.AddEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,clickHandler);function clickHandler(event:MouseEvent);void{navigatetoURL(newURLRequest("file_name.Html"));}Any help would be much appreciated

-reply by Rachel

Problem using the given codeGiving A Flash Button A Link

hey there,

I got this problem that I've been dealing with the whole entire day.You see when I type your given code (b1.AddEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, b1ClickHandler);function b1ClickHandler(event:MouseEvent):void {   navigateToURL(new URLRequest("file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/My%20Documents/Foivos%20web%20site/Josef%20web%20site/House%201/House%201.Htm"));   trace("I'm clicked");} 

on a freshly document by creating a button it works fine. However, when I try to use it on the page that I'm working on when I try to complile it it says The class or interface 'Mouse Event' could not be loaded. Can you please, please help me on this one. I'm working on this client is easter holidays now and imtroubling myself with itThank you so much in advance

George

a flash button link to a swf file.Giving A Flash Button A Link

can I have the code for a flash button link to a swf file.

I got this code but there is an error. This the code tat I use :

myBtn6.OnRelease.Function()

{   Loader.LoadMovie("Quiz.Swf",1);}

PLS HELP!! thank you veri much...:)

-reply by wenzi

I used the code to link my flash buttons, it works great on my computer that I'm working on, but when I tried it on another computer the links don't work, wonder why that could be? 

-reply by Bryant

multiple buttons and URLs in CS4Giving A Flash Button A Link

Hello...

in CS4 I got one of the 5 buttons I've created and animated to work using action script:

bandpage.AddEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, mouseDownHandler);Function mouseDownHandler(event:MouseEvent):void {   navigateToURL(new URLRequest("Lc;));}

works great...But when I try to duplicate that code and change the instance name to the next button...And change the URL I want to navigate to, I get an error and neither of the buttons work...

So the question...How do I assign a unique URL to each of my 5 buttons? Very perplexed!! Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks!

Steven

-reply by Steven

Linking buttons to external file in flashGiving A Flash Button A LinkHi,I?m new in flash. I linked a button to a Word document from a folder. The folder is called ?portfolioimages? located in drive C and the file name is ?teaching and learning materials2?. The button?s instance name is ?challenge?This is the code I used and it worked perfectly well.Challenge.OnRelease = function(){GetURL("C: portfolioimages teaching and learning materials2.Doc",self);}The problem now is after I have copied the folder and the project onto a CD the link did not work again.Can anyone help me use a code that will allow the link to work when copied onto a CD?Thank you.Daniel Konin-question by Daniel Konin

Linking buttons to external file in flashGiving A Flash Button A Link

Hi,I?m new in flash. I linked a button to a Word document from a folder. The folder is called ?portfolioimages? located in drive C and the file name is ?teaching and learning materials2?. The button?s instance name is ?challenge?This is the code I used and it worked perfectly well.challenge.OnRelease = function(){GetURL("C: portfolioimages teaching and learning materials2.Doc",self);}The problem now is after I have copied the folder and the project onto a CD the link did not work again. Can anyone help me use a code that will allow the link to work when copied onto a CD? Thank you. Daniel Konin

-question by Daniel Konin