xisto Community
mingos

Geek Super Hero Have your anti-virus failed?

Have your anti-virus failed? are you full of trojans? and now your computer has your settings all changed?

it happened to me... but i found a program that completes my anti-virus, a kind of "Settings Firewall". every time anything is changed (desktop, internet conections, startup) it warns you and let you decide to allow or reset the change. It has a sort of usefull tools to keep your computer running well and it also block "web bugs". this is good because if your antivirus fails, GSH will catch all the changes a virus/trojan does to your computer and let you reset them. i think it is the best software you can buy for $20... give it a click

Replying to your questions:

Have your anti-virus failed?

Every one does! But sometimes people don't see it and think that everything is ok.

are you full of trojans?

hopefully not, because i tend to scan my computer with different software once at a time. although i have a troyan - it's called windows :D

But the application... I don't think it can work easily. Why not? DIfferent things change - in the registery, files change, settings in apps (and that results in change in the registery or in files). If i had to accept every change that is made on my computer, i'm sure i would freak out! And how are you supposed to know if a change made is done by the virus or by the system? Windows does change lots of things on the run, and most of the time you can hardly tell what these changes are for!

And backing up settings, and being sure everything is backed up and safe... That's imposible! You would have to back up all your data, and store them safed somehow... I just don't know how... And it's not just me - the problem is one of the biggest safety problems!

Oh! And as for now, and my computer - the site doesn't work...

believe me, the programs works great. everything is costumizable and the program will sugest if the change is good bad or "fishy". if the program doesn't know, there's a button that will lead you to google with a search about the matter. Also when you are selecting/unselecting a program or start up you can check on google if it's a trojan with just a click. It also make possible to ban a registry entry (good for trojan that make copys of it self). the site is working good...