xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Se?or Maniac

A Relationship Of Mine Was Ruined Through Myspace.

Just recently my myspace was hacked. I wasn't aware until last night when I was reading trough my messages, and I saw that some messages were sent to a girl on my top 4. The messages detailed asking to have a very intimate time with her. So I finished reading through all of the rude and disrespectful/sexist sends and replies and decide to message her myself asking what the messages were about, and she pretty much says that I need to stop denying what I sent, and she will not have "sex" with me. How do I tell her that it was not me, because as of right now she doesn't believe me. I don't want to lose a close friend because of something else that someone did when they were on my myspace.Thanks in advance.

There's only one way i can think of: Examine the writing styles; question the text to a great extent. Besides that, it seems that this person that got into your account dealt a big blow. The only other thing you can do is continue saying that it wasn't you in a heart-felt way. And to prevent this from happening again: Log off from MySpace and close the browser before diving into other sites, or tell your browser to accept MySpace cookies for session only and close the browser before diving into other sites.

Thanks man. Yeah I just hope that I do not lose a friend in this whole mess. Also to top things off she has a boyfriend at that could really complicate the situation more. I just wish that I had never even seen those messages to begin with.

Haha, my life was ruined cuz my myspace was hacked.But the only reason that i keep it is to talk to all my friends who moved away.if she doesnt believe you, she's no worth your time.

if she doesnt believe you, she's no worth your time.

Yeah, but I don't want to end a friendship just like that. I wold like to see if I can make things right between me and here.

I just wish that I had never even seen those messages to begin with.

I believe you are better off bearing knowledge of these messages, for if you did not have knowledge of what happened, you would not know the reason why she is angery at you when you talk to her and she shows you her anger. But, yeah, her having a boyfriend may complicate things—but it may also be another chance of fixing things, for her boyfriend may be more open minded. But Who knows.

I compared the writing stile of mine and the person that actually wrote what was sent in the message, and either I guess that coincidentally the person actually typed the same way I type. Or maybe it was a study of my typing. The only typo I saw was a question mark that was out of place, but I seriously doubt that she knows that I am a big stifler when it comes to making sure that you type it, and use the correct punctuation.

Edited by Se?or Maniac (see edit history)

If you live within walking distance (or similar) you should consider talking to her personally, not electronically. I know how much damage a hacker could do. My best advice - Make sure that you keep each other's trust and believe in each other, or else the 'relationship' can wreck havoc on your or your partner's life

Agree with CSP the only way you can fix this situation is physically talked to her, as it will be a lot more meaningful then sending messages or talking on IM. What gets me thought she believes you would do something like this, although I may not know you that well, I would think for it to be out of character for you to say something like that. Of course her having a boyfriend does make the situation a bit more awkward, but the way I see it if you two known each other for a long time regardless of the boyfriend, she should know you as a person. With that being said if this was strictly an online friendship instead of a real world, then it could be considered a lost cause because of the whack jobs out there trying to find some; not saying that is you though but she could be interpreting that as such.Like I said best ocurse of action is to physically talk to her if all possible and hopefully she will get a clue and realize that you wouldn't say something like that.

I agree that you should look at the writing styles and compare them. You should also explain to her that myspace is a website that is hacked into a lot and to not be upset with you over that. That you wish whoever hacked your account in the first place hadn't done it but you couldnt help it. She should understand, considering she's a close friend. Wouldn't she already know that you wouldnt say those kinds of things to her? I hope that everythings works out with you guys. I know it would really suck to have someone be mad at you for something you didnt even do!

Yeah I agree... examine and work out who the person is and then let them face the music. This is a really sucky situation for you to be in but just make sure you keep your cool and don't back down. It's not right for someone to be able to do something like this and whilst it shouldn't be your job it really is in your best interest to catch the culprit.