xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
static

Reseting Webspace

If you have a bunch of files, folders, etc. that you want to get rid of, can I reset my account or does an admin have to? My account doesn't need to be reset but I'm just asking now if I do ever need this to be done. Thanks.

If you have a bunch of files, folders, etc. that you want to get rid of, can I reset my account or does an admin have to?  My account doesn't need to be reset but I'm just asking now if I do ever need this to be done.  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just use your ftp program to delete the files. or you can log into cpanel and goto the file manager and delete them. ftp is the fastest way though. just go download one of those free ftp programs like cuteftp (just google it). then for the ftp server enter your web address (youraddress.trap17.com), put in your username and password. you will be able to delete the files simply by selecting them as you would in windows and hitting the delete key.

Or you could just use your file manager under cpanel, its quicker then ftp at deleting folders with files under them. Just thought it would help save you a bit of time rather then ftp which will delete files lively while you are waiting.