xisto Community
Adam Roethburg

Top Five Books

I cant really say my top 5. I haven't really read that many books which can be listed as a good one, but Harry Potter would certainly be there. Lord of the Rings would not be my nr 1. The story and the concept was really cool. Tolkien made a new detailed world, but the book wasn't that good written. He had big unessasary dialogues.
Maybe Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. The riddle was so cool.

For now:

1. Harry Potter2. Angels and Demons?
3. Lord of the Rings

(3. because of the concept and story and the outcome of the games)

1 The Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum2 The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum
3 The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum
4 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K.Rowling
5 The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie

Robert Ludlum is my favorite author because of the Bourne series of books, those books are way better than anything else I have ever read.

Mine are

1. The Crusades2. Harry Potter
3. Fahrenheit 451 (kinda old but i really liked it)

I don't really have a top 5, just really a top 3. I read from time to time. I like books mainly on events in history though

1.- The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy - JRR Tolkkien2.- The Illiad - Homer
3.- Mitología Griega Fantastica - Francisco Trujillo
4.- 20 Years Later - Alexandre Dumas
5.- Riding The Bullet - Stephen King

Those are the top five for me, some very memorable books. I recommend them all. Also I have been said books by H.P. Lovecraft are very good as well, but I haven't got the chance to read any; they are the ones with the Chtuluh Mithos.

1. Ravens Gate - Anthony Horrowitz2. Storm Breaker - Anthony Horrowitz
3. The Traveler - John Twelve Hawks
4. Evil Star - Anthony Horrowitz
5. Holes - Louis Sacher

Top 5 for me. I still haven't finished The Traveler, but it's really great.

Well, I don't realy have a top 5, but, I suppose this:1. Harry Potter2. Eragon series (It has a certain name, can't think of it now though)3. Lord of the Rings4. Dan Brown seriesmeh, I SUPPOSE thats what I like, lol. Not too fond of the Lord of the Rings series though, I read them when i was a lot younger and found them a little hard, haven't really gone back to reading them yet lol.Oh, the Hobbit though, that was a great book, really enjoyed it :P*EDIT* Sorry, i just added in the the dan brown series :D

Edited by AndrewM (see edit history)

Lets see...My top 5 favorite books. Wow this is going to be hard. Ok here are mine:Number one: Cirque Du Freak Series (My most favorite read books ever, and did I mention that its a best seller? I strongly encourage this series)Number two: The Harry Potter Series (EVERYONE knows this series)Number three: The Demonata Series (Also written by Darren Shan, the same author of Cirque Du Freak, its a pretty good horor book and I recommend it if your into bloody and gory books)Number four: The Twilight Series (Twilgiht, New Moon, and the last one is coming out soon. Its a really good Romantic/action/cool series)Number five: The Eragon series (I hated the movie, its was a piece of **** I don't encourage watching the movie since it stunk but the books were really good)My top five favorite books.

My top five. Wow. There are so many books out there. :P 1. My favorite would have to be Ivanhoe, it was one of the best books ever. I liked how it added on to the classic Robin Hood story.2. The Thief. It was kids book, but a really good one. It was one of the few truly interesting books told in the first person3. The Hobbit. I liked Lord of the Rings, but the Hobbit was far more intersting, light-hearted and witty. I loved how Bilbo wound up saving the day despite bing a bit reluctant. The book was relatively short, concise and had a suspensfull and amusing plot.4. The 1st-3rd Harry Potter books. They were the best of the serries. I disliked all the movies though. They messed up the way I imagined everything. Oh well, many movies seem to do that. 5. My fifth book would have ot be the Mists of Avalon. I've always loved the Authorian sagas and this versin was astounding, it told the tale from a completly different perspective.So yea. that would be my top five. I'm sure htere are others, but I can't think of any right now. The Illiad was pretty good to though, but it got kind of long. I gues that's it then.

1. Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger. A lot of people find Holden Caulfield annoying but I can really relate to him. It's such an easy book to read, you can pick it up at any time and flick to any page and just get on with it.2. Invisible Monsters - Chuck Palahniuk. I think this is actually better than Fight Club although it's also obvious why it wasn't made into a film first. 3. Life After God - Douglas Coupland. Just short stories but all pretty cool, dealing with themes of lonliness and armageddon. woo!4. Maribou Stork Nightmares- Irvine Welsh. Makes Trainspotting look vanilla in comparison. This novel stuck in my mind long after i read it, probably due to the extremelty violent and graphic imagery.5. Hairstyles of the Damned - Joe Meno. Nothing much happens in this book but it's just really really good!

My top5 is:1 - Eragon series2 - Harry Potter series3 - Lord of the Rings series4 - His Dark Materials series5 - Star Wars booksI really like Eragon series, but the movie and pc game are ****, the books are so amazing and they had to do a crappy movie. I can't wait for the 3rd book...

Wow I really like matthew reilly....1. Scarecrow2. The Six Sacred Stones3. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers4. Harry Potter 65. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the KingScarecrow and The Six Sacred Stones were close and the next few would include Anthony Horowitz and William Nicholson (Alex Rider Series and The Wind Singer series respectively)

I totally don't have a top five but I can so give you a top 2.

HARRY POTTER.

HARRY POTTER FANFICTION.

Did that make you laugh? Cause it would make me laugh =].

i Love booksand this is tooo hard to chose 5 book or 5 writer1. most books of Stephen King2. Bram Stocker's Dracula , Mary Shelley's Frankenstein , Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson3. Edgar Allan Poe most of his work4. Agata Christe , J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter5 Dean R Koontz , John Grisham , Leslie L. Lawrence

Well, I don't realy have a top 5, but, I suppose this:
1. Harry Potter
2. Eragon series (It has a certain name, can't think of it now though)
3. Lord of the Rings
4. Dan Brown series
meh, I SUPPOSE thats what I like, lol. Not too fond of the Lord of the Rings series though, I read them when i was a lot younger and found them a little hard, haven't really gone back to reading them yet lol.

Oh, the Hobbit though, that was a great book, really enjoyed it :)

*EDIT* Sorry, i just added in the the dan brown series :(

Of Dan Brown series I definitely think Angels and Demons are the best!
I was pretty disappointed with the deception point though,it gets repetitive,
the same old -vilain is the most trusted- kind of cliche

I'm running out of books to read here, could somebody recommend something?