xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TikiPrincess

Strategy Board Games rockin it old school

Okay, I know I can't be the only one here who remembers a time before the PC strategy game. In fact, I still like getting together with my friends for a little Diplomacy and trying to take over the world with my Banana People in Nuclear War. So does anyone else want to admit that they played Risk as a board game?

i don't know about risk. i think the only board games i've played are scrabble, snakes and ladders, monopoly and cluedo. i don't know if cluedo's considered a strategy game, but i loved that one. playing detective and all. hehe.

The board games I mainly played were Battleship, Trouble, Scrabble, monopoly and some other one that I can't remember it was called.

Yes, well I remember the good old days, anyone here know about the warhammer 40,000 board game? well it's pretty fun, and really dear these days

Well board games are getting old arent they? Well anyways... I play chess a couple times a week to keep my mind going, and it does take a lot of strategy you have to realize that every pawn has the potenitial to be a queen and that is ok to sacrice a queen in order to do what needs to be done....Now mononpoly is said to be strategy, i believe its just more luck, because there is no strategy in rolling dice and moving the amount of spaces buying/selling/renting the land out or whatever it is you do... just more luck in my opinion, also checkers is a good board strategy game...

Monopoly has no strategy in it, it only has luck. And yes, I agree with you that chess requires alot of strategy, but what about those games such as Warhammer 40,000, or risk though not many play them anymore, It is nice to know that people still value them, Like a complete set of Warhammer 40,000 figurines and buildings can cost up to 10,000 dollars. As more people move into this computerised age all the good old classics will simply wither and die. So get off your seat and play a good game of risk (you'll like it)

There are a number of newer strategy games out there now - like 'settlers of catan' and all it's variations. The good thing about real board games, rather than computer games, is that you actually get to interact with other people, even have a meal together. The bad thing is that it's a lot harder to get everyone together. Probably because they're at home playing computer games.

Titan is the best of all the turn based stragety games out there. Risk is decent, if you play with army limits and static trade in value.