xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rize619

How Can I Run A Dvd Ps2 Game In My Pc ?

I've heard of a program called psx, it's supposed to be an emulator for ps2 games; however, I have neither researched it nor used it and i have heard that it is very slow and almost unplayable. There may be other things out there, so I would google it, hope i pointed you in the right direction.

i am not asking about the googled thing if some of u have personaly use any software then please tell me coz i searched tonz of there in google and they hang up the games did't properly run ..

PCSX2 is in my opinion the very best PS2 emulator out there. My cousins friend is one of the people that worked on it so I hear about it from him. It was very complicated when I used it last but maybe it progressed from then. If it hasn't plan to spend about half an hour to an hour setting it up. It can play a lot of games but sometimes they don't work because of your computer (You need a lot of ram, a good graphics card, etc.) and sometimes they have some problems but it is the best one I know of.

Although it is possible to load the DVD into a DVD drive and even browse through the files on the DVD, it is impossible to run the game. The Playstation 2 is built in a way that Playstation 2 games will only work on the Playstation 2. Besides, you can get a Playstation 2 for almost nothing now. I know the rest of you are talking about using emulators and what not, but I always thought emulators were illegal. If this is the case, you should not use one.

Edited by wariorpk (see edit history)

When you buy a PS2 game, you are purchasing the property and the right to play it on a PS2 system. You are NOT purchasing the right to play it on PC! Get the PC version of the game or just play on a cheap PS2

This is false.

The End-User License Agreement at the end of every booklet for every game ever released for ps2 has this little snippet:

PERMITTED USES
If the Software is configured for loading on a hard drive, you may install and use the Software on a single computer. You may make and maintain one copy of the Software for backup and archival purposes, provided that the original and copy of the Software are kept in your possession. You may permanently transfer your rights under this EULA.

Basically this means that if there is a method to copy it to a harddrive and you have the original, you can in fact emulate it. There numerous court cases where they have tried to ban emulation and each time they've lost because of their own EULA. Emulation is not, will not ever be illegal.

But piracy is. Make sure this is a legit form of the game DVD and you may emulate it without any legal repercussions.