xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Flame On! Saint Michael Reviews Fantastic Four 2: Rise Of The Silver Surfer

Well I finally seen this movie after it's second week out ( I think ), I will put it like this my review is going to be rather short because it was just like the first one. Once the movie got going it was over, it needed more background story especially on the Silver Surfer and who he was working for. Of course if you ever read the comics and the first cartoon that came out for the Fantastic Four you will realize who it is that the Silver Surfer is working for. The only saving grave for this movie really was that there was more action then the first one, however, I smell a third movie don't ask me how I just do and it will just 3 times as bad.The way I figure that if they added another 30-45 minutes worth of background and some filler, then I would consider both movies ot be good, lets not forget that Stan Lee likes to make appearances in his movies and this time he sticks with his real name, so its not really a spoiler I am giving out since it is obvious info about most the marvel movies he has produce. If your a marvel movies fan then go ahead and see it, but not at the regular ticket price just not worth the $7.25 ( I paid that) when there are better movies out.For me though I think these are the two movies I won't get on DVD until they are like $10, although I have every marvel movie that has come out (still need to get Ghost Rider). Maybe I get a used copy or something or when they do a double pack maybe then I will get it, cause then I save myself few dollars.Overall I give this movie 6.5/10 for the most part it was ok but needs a lot more work in all area's.

i watched ghostrider but didn't like it that much. plus the fact that nicholas cage was in it. :)for some reason the third installments of different superheroes fail. you have spiderman, and the lousy x-men last stand (i was actually furious they killed a lot of characters in it and focused just on wolverine and dark phoenix/jean gray love story).i'll try to see this and if i don't i'll just wait until my brother buys the dvd. i'm just glad julian is doctor doom. fits him very well. hehehe.

This movie wasn't the best movie, but it was funny in some parts. I think this movie isn't suitable for younger kids, but they rated it PG just because summer break is just starting, and a lot of kids will go to the movies and watch any thing, and their parents don't want them to. So at least this one is rated PG and they don't have to bug their kids about not going to the movies.

You caught that to Imtay :) I would have given that movie a PG-13 right off the bat, but regardless though parents will still take there kids to see a super hero movie, regardless how bad we older folks think it was; to be a kid again to enjoy a super hero movie :).some people didn't like the way Cage did Ghost Rider, especially on the fact Ghost Rider is suppose to be a very dark movie and cage decided to "WING IT" with comedy and what not. I would agree that the X-men and Spider Man movies are the only ones that really stuck with the characters, all except the fact they killed off jean, scott, and the professor all in one blow. Although the way X-men 3 ended you think a 4th one will come out, which I highly doubt it will happen anyways but who knows some crazier stuff has happen.

Yeah, I think it was just because it was summer, and a lot of kids are going to the movies.After the forth movie, they start turning out like crap. You said that about some other movie topic, right? I also highly doubt X-men 4 will come out. I really liked #3, I don't really remember 1 and 2, just I read the comic books at the library a lot. If they make #4, they will surely blow it.

some people didn't like the way Cage did Ghost Rider, especially on the fact Ghost Rider is suppose to be a very dark movie and cage decided to "WING IT" with comedy and what not.

i thought he looked funny himself :)

Although the way X-men 3 ended you think a 4th one will come out, which I highly doubt it will happen anyways but who knows some crazier stuff has happen.

it was already crazy that they killed those characters. i doubt a 4th will be made, to me it's pointless since they killed prof x already as if aurora munroe would be enough to replace him on the position. jean gray was way better as a successor to x, but since she's killed too, they're left with storm. and the fact that they made a lousy plot for the 3rd doesn't deserve them another sequel.