xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
khalilo

Web Server Speed Questions

Is the loading slow?Cuz loading phppgadmin took like a whole minute O_o, an file manager is taking some time. My connection is fast atm.Also, whats the first thing to do when you want to create a data base for a war game. Make this as detailed and boring as possible :). Cuz Iam new to mysql. (explain what table means and all the other things)

Loading isn't usually slow, but it happens from time to time though.

As for your MySQL question it is a quick and easy process;

Step #1: Log into your cpane (easy enough)

Step #2: Click on MySQL databases

Step #3: You will see a text box with the word MySQL Database fill in the text with the name of the databases, you usually want to name it after the software your using; like polls, forums, topsites.

Step #4: Click create database and you are done

Step #5: Now scroll down till you see Existing MySQL Users and then create a account, which is used to give the person access ot the database for installation purposes and to help keep it secured

Step #6: Finally go to Grant permissions on a MySQL database to a MySQL user, in which you select the database your are using and of course granting access to that user. Since you will be the primary user you want to set the permissions to all. With all that done you can use this database for your connection to php scripts that require database to store information for you.

I've been getting good loading times here at Xisto, however, my old host was a it faster (50webs). I think that is because it lacked so many services found here at Xisto such as PHP. MySQL and many more.

Last time I had a site hosted here it was very quick to respond. I haven't used cPanel on Xisto this time around since I'm not using anything that requires a MySQL database, Fantastico, or the use of any other service that is acessible through cPanel.