xisto Community
Langretz

Liquid Cooled Ram Chips

http://www.techspot.com/news/23633-ocz-intry-modules.html

People will go out and pay 600 dollars for some Liquid Cooled RAM chips because they run "fast", as that is what Liquid Cooling is supposed to represent to computer enthusiasts. But Corsair not to long ago released their latest and greatest member of their Dominator Series RAM chips that run at PC2 10000 speeds and don't require Liquid Cooling for 600 dollars as well. The only reason I could think OCZ would want to put a liquid cooling system on their modules is because they think the chips can be overclocked to the point of needing liquid cooling.

Personally I think that is rediculous because Corsair's PC 10000 chips are far more overclockable and have a higher stock speed to start at.

I agree, it is probably not worth it to buy liquid cooled chips, unless you already have a liquid cooled system which you can easily link in with. A standard heat sink, for less is perfectly fine, proving all other components on your computer are cooled well: if not then they do have a high chance of overheating.I suppose liquid cooled is quieter then most other methods of cooling, and it can look good if you have a display computer.As for speedwise, anyone here ever needed RAM that fast? Save $200 dollars and spend it on the graphics card! It probably is faster to play games on as well!

Agreed, RAM can only do a tiny tiny bit of good compared to what a video card can do. Save it and spend it on the card, or maybe even buy another one and run and SLI/Crossfire rig. My experiences of RAM overclocking did not impress me, however, I think this is more because I have AMD systems than anything else, with their integrated RAM controllers and all.

i have ram thats really good but just to look cool i bout the liquid heat sinks for the ram it only caust me like 40 bucks for 2 of them and i stuck them on the ram it helps reduce heat in my pc by alot too

Personally, I wouldnt wanna buy something that ambiguous though. I know that I am currently thinking of making a very serious upgrade to my PC but I aint ever thinking of using water cooling. I heard taht this is very hard to manage and I dont want something of which I have to get bothered about.