xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
khalilo

Data Base For A War Game need data base

Hey, any one can give me a sight to get databases for war games, a database that could include units hp,speed,power and similar things. And if you can how can i put the numbers I want as hp,speed and other things as i want.

If you have MySQL, and phpMyAdmin you can manually create a database and then create tables. Click 'Structure' and add fields, in which case you can make the relevant fields depending on your game.You can use php to connect to it and edit the data, but thats a different matter.Hope this helps somewhat. :P

Hi there, im a little confused abut what you want here, as teknoTom said you can easily use PMA to make the database, this only applies if you intend on making a web-based game that is played via a web-browser using either HTML and PHP or Java or something.If you want to make the sort of game that the user downloads as an EXE and then runs you could use MS Access for windows based machines and then use VB to interact with it. but thats the limit of my knowledge about non-web-based DB's.I dont think you will find what you are looking for on any website. you would be better to brainstorm the fields you will need, EG HP, Drops, Name, DPS etc etc etc... and then use these as the field names in the DB and fill in the information as you want it. As said this can be done in PMA for web-based or MS access or OpenOffice for local games.I had a look at "Cache" but it seems you have to pay for it so i would suggest using free stuff! :P

http://cyberboard.brainiac.com/

These guys have scans of old chit style games as well as a utility that allows you to create your own.
Hit Points, Movement Allowance, etc.
Anything you want really.

Hope this is helpful.

Merry Festivus!

Maou

you need to create a databasethen make a table to keep the infoset the fields and then insert the valuecall it into ur games with sooooo many different methods that are available online...try google, it has all the answers to all the questions <_<cheers :(