xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jalkson

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Gamecube

Todays System:Gamecube Todays Creator: I want to say Square-Enix.Todays Game: Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals Gameplay: Well, lets start off by saying: I hate this game. It was inbred from Final Fantasy 9 and 10. Yaaay!!! The gameplay of CC is terrible. It is a "Action/Adventure/RPG." You no longer have the battle system of an RPG, but an even worse system. You attack and move freely, but wait! If you move out of the zone of the chalice you HAVE to carry around, you can die!!! So you have to pick it up, run over, drop it, attack, pick it up, run, drop it, attack. The levels are nearly exactly the same, and you have to BUILD EVERY SINGLE WEAPON AND ARMOR AND ANYTHING ELSE. Your magic is dropped onto the ground in whitch you must pick it up and you can only have 2 magic on at a time. Only 2. Sorta like Final Fantasy VII, except they do not help your weapon at all and you can only have 2. You do like, NO damage, and you take hours to complete a year in the game.Plot: The plot sucks, Im not even going to spoiler it. Your world has darkness around it that can kill you. Instantly. So you have to go around, filling up a chalice with myrrh, whitch comes from a tree seemingly at the end of a dungeon. And each tree gives you one drop. So you go around to three dungeons, and do this about 5 times in a row, going back through the same dungeons OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!! And after that, you get into the lame plot. OMG you have to follow this mysterious guy for no reason, eventually killing him. Yaayaa....ya....h....Overall: 15/100. 15 because they atleast tried.In Soviet Russia, video game review write YOU!

The game is just a different concept, the way Final Fantasy Tactics was. I have to admit that the repetitive gameplay is a bit of a drawback, but I'm guessing that they were marketing this game towards younger kids since it is on Nintendo GameCube (sorry fans, but Nintendo does have a reputation for being the most kid friendly console). I think that kids around 6 or 7 would enjoy this because they familiarize themselves with the gameplay, battle style, and dungeon maps very easily. I think that the game has a GameBoy companion that allowed you to do more stuff and level up quicker. Anyways, I wish Square Enix would stop labeling everything Final Fantasy or Chrono Something. The only thing that seems to tie the Final Fantasy series together are the chocobos. That tie used to be their concept and impressive style, the idea that you could expect a level of excellence in every aspect of each Final Fantasy game; however, the gameplay seems to have suffered because of the attention to the "stunning" graphics and cut scenes. The storylines are much looser and the gameplay has become much more linear instead of the wide world that was available in FF7. Sure, that game was four discs long, but I remember spending hours playing that third disc, after you had opened up everything, but before you went to defeat Sephiroth. There was just so much to do and so many places to go. The only game that's come relatively close was FFX-2 (otherwise known as Sidequest the game!), which was shorter and lacked a good central storyline, or the most recent FF game, FFXII, which lacked the expansive world and plethora of side quests and things to do.