xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
penno195

Make Money Online Scams!

Is it just me or do all these make money on line things just waste your time? when i first got the net i had a go of a few i never spent money on any info books or anything but they all had the same effect nothing but a waste of time! why are they there does any one make money from them or is it just a way of people making them selfs feel good taking advantage of the people who are in need the most, has anyone here made any money with any of the get rich quick tings out there if you have i would love to hear them! also if you have lost money please post how and what on so people can avoid doing the same as you were unfortunate to do! Thanks Guys and Girls.

This all depends on what type of site you're talking about.

Do you mean the MLM (multi-level marketing) sites? The problem with them is that there are two types: the legitimate kind and the pyramid-scheme (read: illegal) kind. Wikipedia has a decent article about the two. The legit type can be profitable, though not every site/business has succeeded.

The illegal (pyramid scheme) is basically the Internet version of the chain letter. You aren't really selling anything but membership fees to users who sign up beneath you. It doesn't work, but it's a nice way for the people who first start the thing to make a few quick bucks. Or a lot of quick bucks.

But there are plenty of legitimate ways to make money online. I'm a freelance writer; most of my articles end up on peoples' Web sites. You can do other stuff, like put ads or referral links on your Web site.

My best advice about making money online is to realize that few people make loads and loads of cash on the Internet. Heck...not many people make loads and loads of cash in offline ventures, either. The promise of getting rich in a hurry without doing a lot of work is usually empty.

As for why people get into these schemes? Well...the thought of making a lot of money can overpower common sense. That's how people are sucked into the Nigerian e-mail scams.