xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
crazymind21

I Need Help With My Forum

hello everyone, i finaly managed to get my forum looking like my website, but there is something i like to change .

i don't know who of u knows forum coding or what so ever, but i hope some 1 can help me with this,go to my forum
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

srry for the link but u need to see it

oke so what my forum does ,is it adjust to resolutions sizes ,but i made it so it fits the largest size 1280x1024,well the tables adjust to the resolution size, i don't want that ever to happen,i want them to stay put on everyresolution,just like the invisionboards,

so my question is how do i do this, where do i change it cause i look in the normal forum settings and its not proper coding that i'm used to handling with

so thanks anyway guys,hope some of u knows how

What brand of Forum are you using? You want it to be fixed width? What Browser are you using? Have you checked it in other Browsers?Need more info here.

I see the problem it looks funny when the actual tables of the forum are adjusting when you drag the browser window smaller. it seems to be set at like 100% width or something. I think what your looking for is a way to assign it a fix minimal width?

its simple what i said the tables, go smaller in width,when u have a smaller window or smaller, resolution, i don't want that,i want it to stay put and doesn't adjust to resolution or smaller windowsi use mybbfor forumsand like invisionboards, u can mess with the code so the tables stay,and don't adjust to resolution or screen size,thats what i want

In the .CSS file for the forum type the following:

table { width:1000px; )

That should work. What the code will do is adjust any tables on the page to a width of said pixels.

If you can't edit the CSS directly but can add code into the page, try the following:
<style type="text/css">table {		  width:1000px;}</style>

And just as a side note, the average user's resolution is 1024x768 so it is advised that we program for users of that resolution so that the average computer can view the page. Also, your header image is really big, if you sliced it, it would load a lot faster for non-broadband users.
Edited by Smack (see edit history)

ty smack for explaining, but i can't find the css file, put i'll search on i'll edit this if i stil can't find it anywhere.the banner 2 big=yes ur right but haven't had the chance to cut it yet my pc crashed with all my stuff on it including psbut anyway gonna try it right nowOKE I TRYED IT IT WORKED AS FOR the tables getting smaller, but they still move on the background basicly, is there a way to make them stay on there place?

Edited by crazymind21 (see edit history)