xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

City By The Night Vector Wallpaper

I like to present my first legit Vector design, after downloading enough vector brushes to keep me happy I thought I try my luck and see what I could design. I designed it at 1024x768 and it looks halfway descent as a desktop wallpaper, so questions and comments.

Posted Image

i kinda like most of it, except on the part where you see the silhouette of the girl lying. her background seemed distorted. you could have made it a bit simple just like the city background. it looks a bit distracting. the two galaxies at the sky seemed unnatural--you could have used two different types of galaxy formation, not just limited to the s-shaped.

The first thing that got to me was the green, if it were darker—less visible—or a different color, in my opinion, would look better. And, yeah, two galaxies near the upper left may be better off with either just one medium sized one or mixed up instead of the same two. The brush work around the girl figure is good indeed. When i look at everything, i realize the bottom left where the text is feels "lonely." Maybe if there was a "lake" behind the text, it would make it feel more complete. Nice text.