xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Home Security And Safety With Trusted Alarm Company adt authorized dealers special offer, just about 1 a day

Home security and home safety have been the most highly addressed question but also the lastly addressed question. The majority of homeowners are quick to decide which house to purchase, which BBQ equipment or the latest entertainment set but never consider which security system should be installed, or matter of fact even consider a security system for the home at all.

Home security should be any homeowner's first priority. You can be in your home, thinking that you're safe, but the chance of a burglar breaking in an empty home verses occupied home is the same! So what leverage do you have to deter burglars? Here are just some of "excuses" for not having any alarm system:

Too expensive

Too complicated

Don't have the time to install

Most alarm systems come in Do-It-Yourself kit. Although they are inexpensive and quick to start, how reliable is this kit? When you have a professional security system installer come and install the system for you there's no worry how effective and reliable alarm monitor would be. They are guaranteed. Professional installers are trained to install the best alarm systems therefore, they will do the professional job. And there's no need to question the complexity of your alarm equipment because the professional installer will handle any complex system. Most of installation are finished within just few hours. And since it is installed at your own convenient available time, there's no time wasted or waiting to do it on your weekend.

So why are alarm systems give home security and safety? All highly rated alarm systems are monitored by central station that constantly receives reports by installed security system from each and every home. And since it's a centralized monitoring system they are also connected to your local emergency respond services, such as fire, police, ambulance and sometimes life line for medical alert customers. Even your home might be vacant during your vacation the alarm system constantly reports back to the central station--it's like having invisible eyes that watch over your house even when you're not there. Three biggest disasters for vacationers are: fire, break-in and flood.

Many homeowners report that their homes were either caught on fire, windows smashed and burglarized or water over-flow that caused flooding on any level of the home. These and other unforeseen disasters can be prevented if they were connected to a centralized station that kept monitoring these homes. At the first sign of smoke, breaking of glass or sump-pump or washer water line breakage, an alarm monitoring system could have sent an emergency signal to the central station. Then the central station would immediately notify your local emergency respond services to take the next appropriate action.

Installing reliable home security system benefits you and your home. Here are some of tips to home security and safety while you are away:

turn off water valve to washing machine & gas line to dryer if applicable

install sump-pump backup system (or have central station monitoring system installed for extra protection)

notify your neighbors that you will be away--request for unchecked mail pickup* or keep an eye on your place

*you can request your post office to temporarily hold your mail for duration of vacationing

unplug all unnecessary electrical devices for they could cause electrical fire when unattended

install timer to a lamp to simulate someone is present in the house at night

install timer to a radio to simulate someone is present in the house

Or, if you have central monitoring alarm system installed you can just call the mail service to be on hold and arm your security system. As the choice is clear that having central monitoring alarm system is A-B-C of home security and safety.

To have your home security and safety monitored by a company that's trusted by over 7 million homes in the United States and over 6 million homes in Canada you can visit http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

That's a nice write-up Buff. I'd add that rural vs urban living will dictate what kind of security system you have. We bought a less expensive and much lower quality wireless system that is all monitored by a central monitor that's connected to a phone line. The command center is programed to my cell phone to call me if a sensor is tripped. If we bring the cats with us on a longer trip the motion sensors can be active as well as all the door sensors. When the phone rings I can turn around and call a neighbor and ask them to investigate or if it's a bad time I can call the county sheriff and ask a deputy be dispatched but that's typically 45 minutes to an hour response time. We put lights on timers and things like that too. But, in my mind, criminals who've got you in their sites will be looking for unusual activity, and the lights will certainly be unusual. There are several key weaknesses in our "security" system:(Actually, I'm not going to list the weaknesses here. You can't be too careful... :)We always turn off the main water supply and relieve the pressure from all the pipes by opening all the faucets when we'll be gone for a few days or more. I'll actually empty water heater tanks and turn off the heaters when we expect to be gone for longer then a couple weeks. Most houses don't like you to leave for longer then that though. Things stop working when you're gone too long! We've got a surveillance system with four cameras attached to our internet connection that can be monitored real-time or reviewed at our leisure from the internet anywhere we go too. Cameras scare people off, even when other things don't. I highly recommend them.

I've just been watching the dragons den and one of the entreprenuers was trying to get investment for an automatic curtain opener and closer. She fumbled through her presentation and didn't get any investment but i think there is a market for this type of thing. her previous product was a fake television noise and light flasher for when you go on holiday, leave your house , a lot of thieves watch for signs that a property is unoccupied and if they see curtains being opened and closed and also fake tv lights flashing on and off at night then they probably wont bother breaking in.The strange coincidence is I was browsing digg dot com earlier today and one of the submissions was "13 things a burgular wont tell you" and somewhere in either the comments or the main article it mentioned about a fake television noise and light flashing device. Now the wierd thing is I have never heard of one of these things but then it came up twice in one day - quite synchronistic - but that's for another time, another place, another thread perhaps on Xisto.Well I think the best kind of home security you can have is not being so worried as to whether or not someone is going to rob you. Fort Knox has probably been robbed at some point just they wont admit it so what makes you think you can secure your house?The only time it would make sense to invest in securities is either in the stock market - get it - securities ahaha or if you have some kind of hobby as to wiring up your house with surveillance equipment and alarms et cetera.Actually. it does make sense to take security measures to reasonably try to protect your other investments which may or may not reside in your home. So buying good locks for your doors might be a good idea after all. I used to live in a house where we never, ever locked the doors. Once I locked the doors and the landlord came home and got pretty angry that i had locked him out!We were never burgled it was actually really nice to live in an open house you never would know who you would find down on the sofa in the morning. Perhaps it was naive but the fact is we were never burgled and people in the same town who had alarms, locks, cameras and who knows what else were constantly being done over. You can fight life or go with it. same as you can swim against a powerful river or swim with it. You'll get much further faster by going with it but once again I divulge into a more philosophical theme heck whatever i'm just blabbing on for the free hosting you get here and can do this all day long. Wow wouldnt it be great if you could make real dollars by babbling on like they did in babylon - babylon - that's who comes around to your house after you've been hit by a burgular. I wonder if the phrase babble on comes from babylon as if you check the biblical story everyone started speaking different languages all of a sudden one day when god copped one his strops so they couldn't understand each other and started babbling on - in babylon. Now Babylon was already called Babylon before people started babbling on but they could have named babbling on after the city of babylon where it started. The thing that tears that theory down is that babylon is one word whereas babble on is actually two seperate words. Unless they named the city after the babbling, but they didn't speak english back then unless english was one of the languages that god mixed everyone up with.OK back on track- security systems-the woman on dragons den- the automatic curtains - t'was a good idea I thought I did yes.So what you can take away from this is that you can either choose to secure your home or leave your doors wide open. Either way getting robbed is a risk you'll have to live with.Thank you and goodnight.Buh-Dum-Tish!