xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

If you wanna really good security and firewall, I think, you should use Kaspersky, unfortunately this antivirus slows down your computer. I use BitDefeder ant it's enough for me even this antivirus isn't the best.

I think the best is Kaspersky. If you use it in training mode the security of Kaspersky is impossible to break. :D

:D NOD32 plus Outpost firewall pro are good enough for my home computer! they are fast, thouhg outpost is a little annoying to adjust. BTW, good habit of surfing internet is a important factor for the safety of any pc.

Best antivirus is Bitdefender Total Security 100%It has EVERYTHING you need, and will keep you totally safe.It hs double the virus definations of the next leading one, Kaspesky.Bitdefenders firewall is so strict, sometimes I have to get mad because it doesn't allow lets say a game.So I went and manually added it. Nothing will be able to hack you with bitdefender.

I don't use anti-virus as if you know what your doing know what your viewing/downloading there won't be an issue. And to put that sentence into action i haven't had a suspected virus yet and still going strong for a few years. I use to have anti-virus applications, i tried stacks by Symantec, AVG, Kaspersky and even free ones and most of them told me word documents were viruses when they clearly weren't.I use Sygate personal firewall pro, i must admit its good to have a firewall whether it be good or bad just have one. In my server setup I'm using a Cisco Firewall which isn't software but hardware and costs big bux. The Cisco stuff is a real big target to hack and there are plenty of hackers getting through this stuff even though it might have been released yesterday.

Anti-Virus Concept has been changed. It is not only a virus scanner now. But do some protective task also. So I think ranking should be in this basis.

From my experience I have found Kaspersky Internet Security Suit as best Anti-virus.

Recently I have used Kaspersky & Bitdiffender internet security suite. Comparing this two I found these -

1. User Interface: Kaspersky User Interface attracted me most.

2. Frist: I felt bitdiffender caused my pc slow.

As long i used Kaspersky no virus can infect my pc. Same for bitdiffender also.

*** I have found kaspersky can not fix autorun.exe virus but bit diffender can.

*** Kaspersky's protective defense is most good but annoying feature. It even don't know some common program.

# I am currently using bitdiffender. So I can tell you more later about it but as far Im using kaspersky I can say it is safe.

In my experience i have used many antivirus, including Panda, Norton, Kaspersky and NOD32.The result was that all of them are effective in the way that you take care of your pc.For example, in my home, the pc is used by my parents and sister and they dont have knowledge about software security so sometimes they open or execute files that contains virus. If that virus are not in the antivirus database, they install easily and it is very difficult for the antivirus remove them when it is detected.So i think that the best antivirus is the person that uses the computer.Regards, Seba

I use nod32 and it's the best I've found with good virus-firewall/resources rapport..The other antiviruses are good too like kaspersky or norton or bitdef. but take too much space on hdd or to much from my ram memory...I used a long time ago avg and it was pretty bad :| since than I've stopped using it..

I use PC Spyware Doctor and Registry Mechanic both are beautiful programs and i realy dislike Norton as it never caught any virus' for me and was always very slow at scanning.

I Couldn't totaly agree with you any more. Norton does nothing. For an anti-virus i would go with Avast. If you install a program and it find something it tells you right of the bat. doesnt wait till a scan happens its total protection. Its not like any of the other leading anti-virus programs. and its not slow when it comes to scanning. It is really helpful. Now like you said for registry issues i would use Registry Mechanic. That is a nice program that will find anything wrong in your registry. Very nice to have but a little costly.

Never ever ever use Norton, it bogs down your computer due to all of its graphical crap and other s**t you don't need. The reason Norton is bogged down so much is that it tries to compete too hard with Symantec and they are constantly adding things they don't need! I would recommend Nod32 or Kaspersky (Nod32 as number one) They are updated daily, light weight, extremely powerful and fast and they just work well! My copy of Nod32 3.0 uses less then 15Mb of memory!Get Nod32, Sam.PS. You are the best AV... Think about it...

Edited by samlockart (see edit history)