xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I currently use Norton Internet Security for a firewall, and let me tell you, it is a huge resource drainer!

I come to think of it as its always better to be slow and secure, then fast and virus infested.

I will probably make the switch to another type of AV and firewall after when I next format.

136313[/snapback]

i used to have Norton's Firewall and yes it was WAAY! slow! but now i use the windows firewall and i have no problem (at least yet) my pc is fast, and it's protecting my connection :( i highly recommend it

i use Norton Internet Security and spy sweeper. but, Norton Internet Security seems to work really good. (technically because syy sweeper doesn't seem to be doing anything to my computer at all)

i used to have Norton's Firewall and yes it was WAAY! slow! but now i use the windows firewall and i have no problem (at least yet) my pc is fast, and it's protecting my connection :( i highly recommend it

138141[/snapback]

i've had several trojans slip past the XP firewall. it's alright, but not heavy-duty enough to catch all the weasels.

Righeo, I was wondering you could all give your suggestions as to the best Virus Scanner, Firewall and Ad&Spyware removal tools. Can you also tell me where I can find any good free version of any of the above tools. 1) I currently use a free online AOL spyware removal tool I used to use the lava soft one but that has discontinued.2) I use AVG free virus scanner which does the trick.3) I use an out of date Norton Personal Firewall (I havnt subscribed)I am saving some money up so tell me ones that arent free aswell, for future reference. Also are there any other tools I should be doing on a regular basis to keep my internet and computer in tip-top condition.Thanks allP.S I defragment on a fortnightly basis.

Well I think your got the antivirus nailed, as I use AVG and have tried Avast and Bitdefender, but they were not as good so I went to back to AVG. I'm sorry I cannot help you with the spyware thing as I am currently using Ad-aware , I can make one suggestion DO NOT use Microsoft Antispyware, and firewall I supose Zone alarm is ok, it just sometimes messes the system if you try to uninstall it. Sygate Personal Firewall is suposed to be good but I have not used it.

Here are a few links to free spyware.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloaddefault.aspx

I hope this helps. :rolleyes:

Hi i dont dint you have the antivirus nailed, AVG Free edition is free for a reason, i work for a copmuter company and when a local isp email system was attcked by trojans it took AVG 5 days to update to protect their users wile nortons updated in 2 days and Nod32 was updated in 1 day so my advise would be to try Nod32 free for 1 month and then you can decide wether you were proteced better or not.

Nod32

And i use both Sybot and Adaware to cover all my spyware needs cos i noticed that they both pick up things the others dont and each other.

Spybot

Adaware

Then as for firewall i have a router so i feel i am protected and with service pack 2 using windows firewall now is more than sufficient

Hope i helped, Good Luck

As for the ad/spy ware removal tool, I use Ad-Aware, personal edition (free), I use AVG 7 (also free) as my guard agains possible viruses, and for firewall, I use WRQ's AtGuard... Now, Symantec bought license from WRQ, and they didn't even bother to change file names, so basicly, Norton Firewall is AtGyard repacked. Plus, I didn't like the way Norton changed GUI, and sruff...Ever since I cleaned my comp from CWS, few months ago, I hadn't had a single virus, trojan, spyware, adware or any other malicious *ware on my computer (knocks 3x on the wood). Firewall keeps everything outside (or inside for that matter), and I don't think I give AVG much chance to do anything :rolleyes:So, get yourself Ad-Aware to protect you from spyware (get more anti-spy/ad ware software, can't hurt), and try to find AtGuard somewhere... I don't know how it goes now, that license changed hands... AtGuard is technically discontinued, so it should be free... Should be free, is the key word :lol:

I currently use Norton AV 2005, for PC, and it works like a charm :rolleyes:I dont use a firewall, nor a Spyware protection program, because I am the only person that uses my computer, and I am trained to what is spyware, and what is not. I dont use a firewall because I am behind a router, and I dont forward ports to the computer, so I am fine.

Hi Everyone,What's your favorite antivirus program? My favorite is Trend Micro PC-Cillin. I also use Trend Micro for the servers at work.I've had years of experience with Mcafee and symantec, and neither of them have matched the ease of use and scalability of trend micro.trendmicro even offers a free online scanner for people who cant afford to buy it. not too shabby!

Hers a list of what I use:virus- Norton Antvirus, because its the best I have found. Its easyt o use and cleans all the unwanted things.Firewall- I use the built-in xp-sp2-firewall. Its quite ok, and I dont have any problems so far.Spyware- Now this is a big list. I use spyware doctor, its really good. Sometime I use Spybot Search and Destroy. And for bigger infections I use hijack this.These softwares keep my computer junk free :P

IM gonna have to go with Norton Antivirus 2005 or what ever... Because thats the only on ei have ever used and it has let me down alot but it has put up with me thats all i can say... lol all the viruses and stuff....

hmmm my favorite antvirus softwear.. would have to be norton antivius.. and Zonealarm...i have zonealarm secrity suite.. its asome...firewall..antivirus...everything.. i lve it..i use to have norton untill i got my new pc.. and didnt feel like reloading it haha