xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TikiPrincess

Aloha

Traditionally, I should greet you with a lei and an "Aloha," but since we're online and I'm not really Polynesian, I guess it's not really necessary. I chose this moniker because I enjoy everything Tiki and Princess sounds a little less narcissistic than Goddess, which would be the natural companion to Tiki God. I'm basically looking for an area to host my family's website, but I wanted something that included forums because I absolutely love forums, and I heard rave reviews about Xisto. The problem is that I'm such a newbie. I really know very little about design, layout, etc. though I do know how to set up, admin, and moderate forums on Invision or PhpBB because I ran a few when I used to play an online game. Even being comfortable and familiar with those, however, they were extremely basic, just a change in the skin from a pre-fabricated CSS code that I found on a support/hack site. I've never actually written my own code or tried installing any of the mods available because I was so afraid that I would mess everything up.I really like this concept, but I'm kinda worried because I'll be visiting the Philippines for two weeks next year and may not have access to a computer. I know that I can buy credits, actually webhosting, but what if I've built enough credits to not log in over those two weeks? Everything that I've read says that I absolutely have to log in within one week and post within two weeks, so I'm assuming there aren't any exceptions to the rule. I really like the idea of free, but I guess paying $10 really isn't that big of an issue.Anyways, I'm really glad to be here. I'm a total forum junkie, so you can expect to see more of me. Especially when I'm pleading for help when I can't figure out how to put the doohickey in the thingamabobber. So please take pity on this poor soul and don't laugh too much when I get all confused about .html and such.

Aloha, and welcome to Xisto. I just went to hawaii last week :) (Maui). Anyways, as for your question with leaving for two weeks. I don't think it will be a problem as long as you have the credits; however, I'm sure a moderator will come and give you a final answer. Everyone here is very nice and the moderators will understand you leaving for two weeks, just make sure you have the credits :).

welcome to trap tikiprincess! the forum has a lot of things to offer, from web programming to just talking about life in general. you could search the forum for anything you might want to know and in the case you don't find one, you could post a new topic yourself. just make sure you follow the posting rules and you'll be fine.with regards to hosting, upon getting approved of your hosting application, you could gather credits for two weeks (14 days) plus some so you could be sure your hosting account won't be deleted when you're away. it's no problem really. you still have half a year to gather credits, apply for hosting account, make your website and gather more credits before you travel to the philippines next year.so enjoy your stay at trap :) oh and by the way, i'm from the philippines.

Hello and welcome to Trap you have stumbled on qute a treasure here. :) J/k but still welcome I hope that you have read the rules and understand that Trap means buisness. ( Just no spam or anything like that and you should get hosting in no time! )

Welcome aboard, TikiPrincess! Glad to hear that you stubled upon our community/web hosting service. I'm one of the veteran members myself, and I think you'll find a lot of interesting people here.Like a few others have said here, if you're going to the Phillipines, and won't have access to a computer for two weeks, try to make several quality posts to (a) get the hosting package and (:) make a few more good posts to build up enough credits to last you through those two weeks.Wish you all the best and I hope you have a great time over there. I've never been there myself (even though I now live on the same side of the world as that country).Anyway, hope you enjoy your stay and we'll see you on the boards!

Welcome Princess Tiki to this wonderland called Xisto. As you have said you are here to make your family site and are newbie in designing, I will suggest you to browse the web desigining section of this forum and ask any question or doubt you have, they will be answered in a flash and in no time you will be able to make a good family site.Once again welcome and happy posting in Trap.

You can earn and store up as many credits as you wish in advance of your absence and the Credit script will deduct only one credit per day until the stored up credits are used up.

This means that if you wish to not post for a period of time, simply earn a number of credits, take your time off, and return to posting when you are available. There is no daily/weekly/monthly posting requirement.

Post and earn credits whenever you have something to contribute to the Forum Topics you find, or start a new Topic about things which interest you.

It is recommended that you maintain a minimum of 10 credits at all times to cover a short absence, though. I personally have about 6 months worth in my account, but that is a bit excessive, since I am here daily.

By the way, welcome to the Trap, hope you enjoy the Forums.

Based on your postings which I have read, you should not be having any problems getting accepted for Hosted status. Keep up the good postings. :)

Hello TikiPrincess Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich, in Michigan, USA. From you intro I would say you have probably already read the rules and regulations, but in case you haven't, please do. Trap 17 Forum Rules They are important to keep this forum up and running in a wholesome informative fashion. You have come to the right place for friendly forum participation and dependable free no-ad hosting.

If you need a template for your homepage, please feel free to check out my site where I offer them for free to beginners.

Web Sets by Donna

Hey,Welcome to Xisto and hope you have a crazy time here and you dont have to worry about anything here. Once you start posting and enjoy posting you will have a lot of credits as back up and besides you are going next year not this year so you have a lot of months before anything happens.Even if you dont have any credits then I guess other members including me would pitch in and make sure that your site is not suspended. SO dont worry and be happy :)Just stay cool, follow the rules and everything will be just fine :)Cheers :)