xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Evil man

Give Your Windows Xp New Look Of Vista

Windows Vista Inspirate
New And Upgrade Version

Universal Vista Inspirat Brico Pack 1.1
Multilanguage Shell Pack for Windows XP !

Posted ImageWhat is Vista Inspirat Shell Pack ??

Vista Inspirat Shell Pack is a complete custom shell pack for all Windows XP.

It consists of modified icons and a new themed appearance for Windows XP. After installing this shell pack, your computer will look like these screenshots. Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Before starting the installation

Before launching the installation you must restore Windows XP original state/dll (Without any shell packs). For example, if you have the Longhorn Transformation Pack, you must uninstall it before installing a new BricoPack.

Posted ImagePresentation of the new Universal Shell Pack : BricoPack

What's new with BricoPack System ?

- The packs are universal, they work on all Windows XP (but not Windows XP 64).

- Auto installation of the visual style , but it is possible to choose if you want to apply it or not during the installation.

- Update function : if you use Windows Update, original Windows XP icons will reappear. With BricoPack Update Function, you can re-apply the shell pack with a simple click!

- Replacement of the files during the restarting of your computer, which makes it possible to completely avoid the problem of the files on use.

- Auto refresh of the icon cache.

Posted Image Other fonctions

During the installation, it will be possible to choose the components to be installed. You can install or not the customised version of MSN Messenger, Outlook Express, or Windows Media Player 10.

After the installation you have two functions available via the start menu:

- Update, which allows recustomizer your system files (after using Windows Update for example).

- Uninstall, which restore your original Windows XP appearance

Posted ImageScreenshots

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Download Vista Inspirat BricoPack 1.0

Posted Image

Posted Image
Vista Inspirat BricoPack

BricoPack Author : dlb

BricoPack Installeur : bricomix
Icons Author : dlb, Overlord59, RadE8, Microsoft
File Size : 27 Mb
Version : 1.1(BricoPack Installeur : 3.1)
Language : All
Download : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by Evil man (see edit history)

I still do not understand any of these masking things! All it does is make it look like a different operating system! ( In this case a bad one :lol: ) Ohh Vista take that! But still I will never get why anyone would consider this!

I completely agree with Typo, its an illusion you create around yourself. You are cheating yourself. You think you are working in Vista but actually its a XP. This type of transformation is good as far as you have huge memory as they eat up a large portion of RAM.

lol i guess people are so obsessed with the vista version. and if you're into eye candies, i think this would be a good thing for you. although i like this look and i appreciate the poster posting this topic, but i think i'm fine with the normal xp theme.

I don't know why people are so Vista Crazy when even Ubuntu with Beryl is so way better than this, atleast you ain't fooling yourself by using that. :)I'd stick to Windows XP with Microsoft Zune XP Theme, I love the black and orange combo and Ubuntu with Beryl. I kinda dislike Vista for many random reasons.Thanks for posting though, many users might find this good.

I had one of those vista packs installed before, and damn it looked good for awhile.Then I found out it messed around with some of my programs a bit, like my Norton 360. I couldn't get it LiveUpdate to work, and every 30-60 minutes or so, an error would pop up about an Illegal system dll relocation and an error with shell32.dll. I had trouble installing programs like some games and patches too lol

Edited by mojoman (see edit history)

Yeah, it makes XP look good, but this really isn't the best way to do it, rather most people prefer to have just certain bits form Vista, like the transparent windows (which acer supplies free with their laptops), the black start menu layout, (which can be downloaded as Vista Start menu (http://www.vistastartmenu.com/index.html)) or perhaps the side bar : try yahoo widgets: more functionality, and the new version uses a tenth of the system resources!As for the above download, for future reference, the megaupload link is not required, since you can download it for free from http://www.crystalxp.net/ without having download limits (and it is faster)Though I would be fairly wary of this: apparently this pack is fairly unreliable, and can cause irrecoverable damage to your operating system since it edits system files in order to achieve some of the effects.But if you are willing to risk that for a better looking interface, why not use a mac os interface, also available from http://www.crystalxp.net/ alot better!!!

If you want to change?the?look?of?windows?just?download?a?different?theme?like?aero?or?vista?these?work?great?or?if?you?really?want?to?change?the?look?of?your?desktop?then?try?astonshell.