xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MattJoseph

360 Or Wii? You Decide!

Which is better?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which do you think is better? The Wii, or the Xbox 360.I say Wii.I play, have fun, and sometimes, lose weight all at the same time!!Plus, i like the numchucks, the buttons are easier too press too.The only thing i hate is the damn wrist strap, always burning my arm!So which one is better?I think the wii is!

Are you serious? Cmon the Wii? That thing has horrible graphics and Xbox 360 passes it easily. I am going for the Xbox 360 just because I have played the regular Xbox and it was very good. And I am also interested in Halo 3.

The graphics are almost completely unimportant, what matters is the gameplay. You may have a game that may look completely realistic, but it's no good and a waste of money if your done playing it in 5 minutes. The thing you should look at when choosing a system is the gameplay. In gameplay the Wii surpasses any other system on the market (except the pc, at least until online wii games come out). The wii is alway replayable (well most games) and the control system is unsurpassed putting you inside the game. Now, halo 3 looks awesome and halo 2 was cool, but i've had a wii for about 6 months and I still play wii sports with my friends. Other systems tend to make you want to play along; however, with the wii, you want to play with friends and share creating a more family friendly and fun environment while playing.So, my vote is 100% for the wii.

I have both systems, and I think that it really depends on what you're mood and the games available. While the XBox 360 has stunning graphics and, of course, Halo, it's really more suited for one or two players. Despite the capability to do online gaming, it's still mostly just one person interfacing with the screen. The Wii, on the other hand, is much more interactive and is definitely much more of a "party" console. From the popular Wii Sports to it's less entertaining cousin Wii Play, my friends have much more fun "physically" competing against each other than they do with the racing and shooter games than they do on other consoles. Wario's Smooth Moves allows you to have up to 12 players using a single controller! The only other "party" games that could possibly compete would be Dance Dance Revolution, which my friends really aren't interested in, and Guitar Hero, which I really suck at. Each of those, however, require bulky accessories whereas the Wii remotes are small and easy to tote around.

When you want to just kick back and relax after a long day of work, though, playing the Wii is the last thing you want to do. True, you don't have to be as physical when you play, and there are other, non-interactive games made for the Wii as well as the GameCube library, but sometimes, you just want to sit and destroy all of San Andreas. Nintendo has done a lot to change it's image as a "kid's" console, but mature games are less available than on other consoles.

So I think both consoles have advantages and disadvantages. Just buy them both and stop debating about which one is better. :)

Just a side note: I think it's absolutely hilarious that the PS3 wasn't even up for consideration!

It all really depends on the type of gamer you are. If you are a serious gamer that is really into to graphics and awesome games you will probably go with the xbox 360. Also if you really like online play. But if you are a more casual gamer who doesn't mind graphics and likes the way does there motion game play. Overall they are both great systems and I personally think both are great systems.

This is a tough one, but I will have to go with the Wii, just because the wii is like no other type og gaming console out there. The reason beign is that the Wii is an interactive game system, meaning you have to move the controller, to move the people or character in the particular game taht you are playing. It makes gaming more like an exercise and can really help people who normally never get exercise to actually get some.

I've got a Xbox 360 and i played the Wii... The Wii sucks :) i really like the graphs and gameplay of the xbox 360.. Th egame coming out for 360 are much coller then those are coming for the Wii..

I'm with the PS3 all the way, but since its not offered, I'm going with the Wii, it has some sweet features, that puts you into the game, they just need to work on their graphics's.

I have both the wii and xbox 360, i have to admit, they are both great, but 360 is better..I know wii is very interactive, but xbox360.. makes you feel like your in the game with the amazing graphics like need for speed most wanted, and halo 3 (not out yet!)The reason i got 360 was primarily for halo3

I think it's a little bias, since there is no mention of the Playstation 3. Of course the PS3 didn't have any good games yet, save for Resistance: Fall of Man, but there is great potential with Metal Solid 4, FFXIII and others in the near future.To answer your question, I didn't own either console yet, and it's a toughie. On one had, The 360 has great games like Games of War and Crackdown, and XBOX Live is a great online service, and Halo 3 is coming soon is great potential. On the other hand, the Wii has an innovative control scheme in the form of its' interactive "Wii-mote" and Nunchuck attachment, and with gems like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, the Wii Virtual Console and the upcoming Mario Galaxy and Metriod Prime 3: Corruption, the Wii is a great buy for family-type games.I think the advantage goes to the 360, however. I'm not interested in cutsie-wootsie-type games like Mario. If you're looking to hardcore gaming, awesome graphics, and a good variety of games for the teen crowd, the 360 is for you. As mentioned before, if you are looking for more of a family-type gaming experience, try the Wii.My choice: The 360, Although I still have faith that good Playstation 3 games will come out soon. Metal Gear Solid 4, anyone?

Definitely the Wii over the 360. It has already proven that graphics are not the only thing that makes games. In this day and age, graphics are everywhere and are decent no matter which system you are on. The wii just has the gameplay factor since you are much more involved and its completely different from anything else and any other system. Its a system that you can play with your friends and you never have to worry about someone button mashing just to win since there is so much more involved.

Well..I'm not going to waste my time explaining how you can like the Wii or 360, it just matters on who you are, because many people have already done that. I'm just saying I like the Wii more because its more family fun, more friendly. Wii sports my 7 year old cousin cant play it while Halo 2...there is just no way

It's a tough decision. The Wii has a lot of potential with games like super mario galaxy and super smash brothers brawl, and some of the games that are out now are pretty good, but the Xbox 360 has been around a lot longer. It has a lot more games and a lot more to offer to someone who wants a lot to play now, but I'm going to go with the Wii since it has a lot more to offer in the future.

Edited by rvalkass (see edit history)