xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jamers

Trap17 Ftp Settings There is a mistake in the trap17 FTP server address

After you are approved for free host account you must activate by going to a link sent in an email.On the confirmation page that appears after the activation script is finished you will see all sorts of data including your web URL and how to access control panel etc. ..At the bottom of the page for those who would rather configure an FTP program like Dreamweaver or CuteFTP you will see the FTP server address listed as:ftp.projectorange.trap17.com.comThis is wrong and should read:ftp.projectorange.trap17.comDo not use passive ftpHost directory is optional (set to public_html or leave blank)If the host directory is left blank then you will be able to access the root folder and any other folders such as PHP, MySQL, logs etc.)

Have your brought this to the admin's attention? I would think though it would be obvious to drop the second .com when copying and pasting the ftp address into the FTP software, what I recommend is that email support[at]xisto[dot]com and let them know about the typo you have found.

Have your brought this to the admin's attention? I would think though it would be obvious to drop the second .com when copying and pasting the ftp address into the FTP software, what I recommend is that email support[at]xisto[dot]com and let them know about the typo you have found.

Thanks, I just sent then an email. I asked a moderator what to do and they said to post it and let the admins find it, maybe they would pin the topic. THis sounds like a better idea.

no need to pin it is a typo that can be fixed up quickly and the emails for the most part will be correct when people receive them for the first time.