xisto Community
Zachy2411

S.s.: Short Sightedness

Short sightedness is stupid and it trips me off when I cant find my glasses. laser surgery for me! my glasses broke in April and I'm not getting one until July. I hate appointments. Anyway, I'm getting transitions lenses. :lol:

post-44725-1181748022_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zachy2411 (see edit history)

Lol Zac, that screen is pretty hard to read :D Laser surgery is nice, if you can afford it!!! The technology is pretty much perfected, so extremely-low-risk correction... It's more likely using contact lenses all the time would damage ur eyes in the long term! (why I still wear contacts... :lol:)

i wear contact lenses (but i have to buy a new pair soon) too, but i only wear them if i'm going to school, work or any special occasions. i guess i'm still a bit conscious of the way people look at me. i wear glasses, but it gets annoying at times because it usually falls off of my nose. i know the dangers of wearing contact lenses, so i might consider having my sight corrected using laser technology. the problem lies with the money :lol:

i kind of have that problem exept i have no depth perseption because i am 80% blind in my left eye. because of this my brain onl decides to look out of my right eye. so whenever i close my right eye i can see out ouf my left but only then. i went to the docter to get glasses and they told me that i cannot fix my eye with glasses i have to train it by closing my right one all the time. i acually wore only one contact in my bad eye until they figured out it wasn't going to help. they said i have a focusing problem. they said my brain wont let my eye focus. so if you can imagine the screen of that monitor in the pic above being the same focus as every thing but alot worse that is how i see out of my left eye. i can see outlines of large things but words and peoples faces and even if i am driving i cannot see. but my right eye is perfect. more than perfect. i can see better than most people sometimes. weird huh.

Edited by arza1 (see edit history)

Hmm sweet! You are so lucky I wish I could do that but instead I am getting contacts. Or at least I am supposed to be getting them. I hope I do or I will be mad. My glasses are constantly breaking Ill be on my 5th pair of two years of needing them.

Well I am still living under my parents' roof, but they promise to fund half of the costs if I earn the other half when I am eighteen. But they still maybe a problem. I've heard that some people go wrong and their eyes are grainy for the rest of their life! But I guess that was long ago. Now technology is different and laser surgery would be safer. */Glasses I hate U\*

I wear glasses, and they aren't that bad, but it's just nice to not have to wear them anyways. Luckily my eyesight isn't that bad so if I really don't feel like wearing them I don't have to. I'm going to get laser surgery eventually, because it's just nicer and more convenient than glasses... The cost? Well, it's cheaper than having to buy glasses or contacts for the rest of your life, eh?

S.s huh...The inability of the eye to see the distant objects...This is caused by the elongation of the eyeball...Very many people have this kind of a problem .In our class a majority of 70% of the class has this problem rather then have Long sightedness..Its strange and its really irritative well that's what I have heard from my friends...You are one the lucky one's getting a laser surgery to get the problem fixed..Most of my friends will have to stick to wearing a speaks or maybe a concave lens for that matter for the rest of their lives...I feel pity on them