xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shortyjtl00

How Do I Secure My Download Page?

I am considering selling websites. I plan on useing paypal and after people pay for a template or site i want an email to be sent to them with a link to a download. i want the link to deactivate so that they cant use it anymore. i dont really know how or if i can do that. also i want to secure that download page by only alowing the person who made the payment to access the page. i think that can be done buy ip address tracking or something like that. the only way i can think of doing this is using php and mysql and im not even sure if i can do that because im still new to php and mysql.Anyway any help here would be great.

I had a similar dilemma but apparently nobody on this forum knows anything about paypal because none of the replies on my topic found here, remotely answered my question, and on top of that an admin edited my topic title to something that doesn't even have anything to do with the topic so my faith in this forum to be able to answer questions about paypal has greatly fallen. Hopefully you get a decent answer, I sure didn't. If you get an answer I could really use an answer. I really need paypal to somehow run a php page or send the buyer to a php page after buying But a page that ONLY THE BUYER can access ONLY AFTER PAYING!... I wasn't talking anything about paypal security as I guess t3jem thought. Oh well... Good luck with your quest for the answer :lol:

Use SSL and PHP Sessions. Just search "php sessions" and "apache ssl" and you should come up with what you are looking for. Hope I could help!

You don't even need SSL. I figured out how to do IPN via paypal, see this thread. All you would have to do is enable IPN, then have paypal send the IP of the buyer back to your website and only allow downloads from that IP address, or you could pass a php session id instead of an IP to make it more secure for networks. This should be easier than setting up SSL.