xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Azriel_Stormbringer

Test Drive Unlimited Quick Review

Hey all,
I noticed that there was no review for Test Drive Unlimited, so i thought i may as well post a quick one.

TDU: OMG! One of the best games i have ever played, visually realistic, even on lowest graphics settings with no anti-aliasing.
Ive not figured out how to use my own photos in game yet so just follow this link to see some screenies: http://www.testdriveunlimited.com/
Also it is out on Xbox360, PSP, PC and PS2.
I only own the PC version.

TDU is categorised as a M.O.O.R, meaning Massively Open Online Racing.
In online mode you can challenge any other drivers from around the world to a race. But, you can create your own track from your own position. Amazing ya? :lol:
But it isnt all about cars, you can also ride motorbikes, ranging from Ducati to Triumph.

A few things about this game i dont like are:
No headlight light (just a quick flash)
No real-time daylight
Physics engine isnt the best.

Newho's...im off out, anyone else who would like to post something about this game then go ahead.

Will post some of my own screenies later on.

Edited by Azriel_Stormbringer (see edit history)

Wow I think the graphics are good. So you have it for Pc? I just wish I could here more about the game play some games have nice graphics but whne yu play it you realize that it is not that good. :lol:

That looks like fun. I would think about buying it, but my computer is nowhere near those specs, and until I can sell the computer I just built for $150 I won't have a computer to run it on. Looks interesting though. I'll make sure to keep it in mind when I get a new computer.

Launched in 1987 by Accolade, Test Drive has had no less that eleven episodes.And clear that the number twelve could not miss, with the name of Test Drive Unlimited.This game with more than 1500 km of roads of Hawaii allows racing online (and offline) to eight gamers, and promised the extras as usual, including vehicles, parts, clothing and circuits for the pilots.Test Drive Unlimited has over 125 Trademark highly known. In the list are, for example, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Ducati, Aston Martin, Jaguar and Mercedes.And clear that in addition to the four wheels, we can choose to motorcycles in clashes against corridors with a IA which provides well advanced.The game is very real and includes details such as electric windows, horn and car radio.But the details are not there, the game includes many options for customization of vehicles through pieces they too with the mark of manufacturers.Moreover, it is possible to create corridors, buy houses and garages with the premiums fat gains in evidence.The most creative still have to have a way of creating races and challenges with more than 50 rules and options and make upgrades to them.

I have read about the game, but only played the xbox360 demo, which is with multiplayer.When i first saw this game demo, I thought if I ever buy a xbox360I want to purchase this game, because;- The graphics, are really good, details, enviroments are very nice.- The open world, many possibillities, no boundaries. Choosing routes, rules and prizes.But I have also read, that the game have lacks of reality when it comes to driving.The demo, has only three cars(correct me if its wrong) and one motorbike, and drivingthe motorbike were the worst handling experience I ever encounter.Still want it!