xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lloydg

Full Grunge Signature Background

This is my first tutorial but i think it will go well. I am using Adobe Photoshop CS3, things make look different but they will work on CS2 and more. I may do things different so dont flame me. :laugh: I will do a full one after with a render but for now just the background.

Ok lets start!

Full Grunge Signature Background

Before we start you will need to download and install this brush set: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

After you have downloaded that place that file in C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Presets/Brushes... Your folders will differ depending on the version of photoshop. After you have put them in their Load photoshop and click on the brush tool then click a arrow up the top next to the brush which will open a list of brushes after that is open click on a little circle with an arrow inside it where another drop-out menu will open. Then choose 'load brushes' and select the one you just put in.

Posted Image

AT LAST FINISHED!!!! Now to start making the signature.

Step Number One

Open Photoshop. Open a new transparent file with a width of 400 and height of 150 which will give you a good size.

Posted Image

Step Number Two

Once that is done select the 'Paint Bucket Tool' with a foreground of white and fill your transparent image with white which should make it look like this:

Posted Image

Step Number Three

Do not touch the default layer. Create a layer named 'Brush1', select the brush tool, with a choice of the brushes from the pack you downloaded and brush across the page with the color BLACK, dont make it to dark and hard to see.

Posted Image

After that create another layer called 'Brush2' and change the brushes and BRUSH IN WHITE THIS TIME but do not go crazy. SET THAT LAYER TO SOFT LIGHT!

Now create another layer called 'Brush3' and change the brushes and BRUSH IN BLACK THIS TIME but again do not go crazy. Now again set that layer to soft light.

Keep doing this till you have about 6 layers of brushing. remember to interchange the colours of brushing and set the layers to soft light.

This is my brushing result so far:

Posted Image

Step Number Four

Now to add some color. Go to Layer, New Adjustment Layer, Color Balance and choose your own color... this is what i did..,

Posted Image

And i got this:

Posted Image

We're nearly done. Just a simple border now. In my next tut i will do more detailed borders and more...

To add the border select all (Ctrl+A) and go to Edit, Stroke and choose your settings. I chose a 3 pixel black border.

Posted Image

THAT IS THE END FOR NOW....

Post your outcomes here!!

In my next tut i will be more detailed this is just a basic tut.

Ok, first of all, there should be more to the tut,

second.. use this url http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

You should make part of the tutorial on how to add a render, smudge it, add text because it is a bit emtpy, i think this is the easiest thing you can learn, and... even robocz033 could do it! ^^,

oke well do u want me to lie,or to be honest?uhh i'll choose,i'll be honest-dun lik ethe brushes at all-dun like the way u used them on the background-this stuff i knew when i startedvthe first hour with pswhat u could have done better-get into it more, its just a background,u made in 10seconds-3pixel border all black is a waste of space-whats the full all about.its more empty- i u have any skill going further than this,plz post it and make this tut look good instead of bad

I Like this tut.thanks for posting.only thing i didnt liek was the 3 px borderi made mine 1px border :]

yea the 3px border wasnt too attractive. This is actually a very useful tut i never kne.w i have always wondered how to make a nice grundge background. thanks alot and ignore those "pros" - dont know why their even looking at tutorials :D

I like backgorund made by this tutorial, as I seen above screenshoot. But I can download brush you given at Rapidshare coz I've reach my download limit. Can you upload it to somewhere else such turboupload?plis..