xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rosaline

Final Fantasy 11? Get It Or No?

Hello everyone!I was just wondering if anyone had played Final Fantasy 11. I was thinking about getting it, but I just wanted to hear some feedback on whether or not it was good. I love the Final Fantasy series, and it's cool that it's multiplayer online. Has anyone played it? How is it? I just wanted to know before buying it and spending money on the fee it costs to play :lol:;; Thanks so much for any feedback! I'd love to hear if it's worth it or not.

I played it when it first came out but went back to playing Everquest and Everquest 2 after just a short while. Its a good game and can be lots of fun but there are plenty of others out there like the two listed above and World of Warcraft that are about the same price and are much better.

Hi, I am currently playing this game atm. I've been playing it for about 3 years now. It is a great game if you enjoy hard challenges and the rewards that come with it. The battle system is in real time since you are playing an online game with others. This is probably by far the most difficult MMORPG I have played mainly because the End Game events require alot of people in your alliance to fight and defeat Gods / Notorious Monsters (which drop all the good stuff like armor and weapons). Some items/weapons are easier to obtain than others. To give you an idea of how hard some items can be a "Relic Weapon" for a specific class i.e a Great Axe for a Warrior class which unlocks that classes "Final Weapon Skill(Special attack that does alot of damage and looks amazning)" takes around 2-3 years of playing to obtain. Only a handful of people on each server have them. You could cheat of course and buy online currency to speed up the process but thats just lame. We do have problems online with RMT (real money traders) selling gil for real money to players. They monopolize certain monsters which drop valuable items which sell for a considerable profit. Square enix do get rid of these RMT when they can but there will always be RMT in any online gaming. Because alot of harder end game events require alot of organized players to beat. You rely so much on other people for assistance and you will be doing the same helping out others and making friends who will help you in return. You cant really do any fun events untill you max out your level which is level 75 in the game. That would usally take you 2-3 months including completing certain quests along the way. When i say fun Im talking about events i find fun. Square enix is always adding expansion and content I cant keep up to all the new things they've added. I guess you should just try it out for a month. You could find it fun and make some friends in there. during my playtime on my server there has been many friends i've made who quit because the game just takes too long. There are still new people joining still so I guess this game is still going to be around (active for a while).

I got final fantasy 11 for my xbox 360 a couple months ago. I love the final fantasy series, but i honestly did not enjoy this game. In the begining I honestly got lost. Then when you start to get quests they tell you to go somewhere like you should know where they are. Maybe im just a little dull or this game was just bad. I also thought that i was in no way getting my money's worth. I decided to cancel my subscription and I do not plan to every play it again. It probably is easier on the pc, but i guess i'll never know. If you're going to get it i suggest you do not get your hopes too high. I honestly do not this it lives up to the final fantasy name.

Hadnt played much of it, but had to say I didnt like it that much from the short time on it. Guild Wars, WoW, Warhammer Online (not officially released, only in beta) and the likes I found were much better.

I thought the Final Fantasy 11 would be a lot better. I enjoy some of the content offered on the site/game etc. But, I don?t know. I contemplated buying the game & expansions for awile, still looking at the current progress.

Definitely a major FF fan, love the series, (moogles <3) yeah but the cost (including the expansions) is a little hard to justify.

Things to have if you want to get/are thinking about getting/etc this game:

- Patience

- Extra Money you don?t plan on spending on anything other than this.

- Free Time

My self? I've been thinking about it for 2 years :) So I dont think I'm going anywhere soon.

Giuld Wars is pretty great though, good way to pass the time as you think about it.

I've been playing final fantasy 11 for about 3 years now, since the second expansion came out.I still enjoy it very much as I have made very good friends in game, and some in whichI met up in real life. As the other posters have mentioned, it can be very irritating if you wantthe best gear in game since it takes months and years to do so, but it can be extremelyentertaining if you remember that its a MMORPG and you can meet people from around the world.I began playing to maintain my fluency in Japanese and it certainly has helped me not forgetthe written language and keep me up to date in the culture. I also made some friends in Canada,Peru, Mexico, France, England, and many other places.There is a cheap installation disk package for about $15 and you get 1 free month,I would recommend the game if what I wrote above interests you :)

I got this game also when it first came out, and I personally liked it a lot. I would have stayed with the game but all my friends were playing World of Warcraft. It is a great place to actualy get to know people because it is very party based. So basically you have to be nice to get anywhere in that game. It is has a lot to do with interraction which can be good in bad. On the plus side, like I said earlier, you get to meet new people and people are generally very nice. So it at least keeps the game interesting and it also has a "mailing" system so some people you actually get to talk to outside of the game a little bit. On the negative side however, is when you are not a people person. You will have a lot of trouble getting anywhere in that game. Also, you level through parties after level 10 so you basically can't solo your way up to higher levels. I played the game when there wasn't a very solid "Player vs. Player" system established so I can't really tell you how that is. I can't see it being as great as some other games because I know in other games it has nothign to do with turn base and to me FFXI may not seem like it but it has a lot to do with "turn base" You can't exactly be very high on a free roam PvP because you lock onto targets, but again I have not done PvP for FFXI so it may be different. If you like role playing this is a great game because a lot of people role play. I loved it because it always kept things interesting. The best thing is the professions though in my opinion. Whereas in most games you usually can only pick one or two professions to level up and create things, FFXI leaves it very open and you can pick any profession you want, or all of them! Of course it was hard to level all of them at the same time, or even one, but it still kept you unrestricted.The GMs for FFXI are also very kind, I know I have spoke with some of them and they seemed more caring than in the other games I have played such as World of Warcraft. They also have a bit more GM-to-player interaction, with events and specially spawned monsters, so that always kept the relationship pretty healthy. The game is a great game is all I have to say. However, I heard that it wasn't as good as it was when the new expansion came out. Then again you never know! I suggest at least giving it a shot and to me the $15/month was definetly worth it. Just make sure you keep it in moderation and don't get too lost in the game! You have a real life you have to look out for too haha.-Jester

This is the only Final Fantasy (from 1 to 12) that I didn't play... Well, if my connection isn't this slow, I would gladly to play (I don't think I could afford to spend money for this game everytime I play in good-connection internet cafe)