xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mariana

Which "new" Videogame Console Should I Get? I am still not sure...

Please, tell me which one is worth buying and why... it is because I don't really know. I want a console with good games and graphics. I would get Wii, but the joypad(if I can call it a joypad) is a bit too... wiitastic, and the graphics are surely poor, so I am asking for some advice.

well i would personally suggest the xbox 360. It is cheaper than the ps3 and has a lot of great games and exclusives. Some good games to try would be gears of war which is an aswsome game, crackdown which is also good etc. There are still a bunched I haven't named like saints row. There is also a lot of new games coming out like Halo 3. They all have top graphics and if you pay for xbox live it makes the whole experience a lot better.

most people are going to tell you to shoot for the 360 but personaly i am a playstation guy. i think the playstation controler is the ultimate controler. if you can find a better controler config. let me know. i have acually heard that the wii is pretty good. i am thinking about buying one for myself. but i will probably get the ps3. you should be patient, good games will come out for ps3. they have never let me down.

I would have to suggest the Wii. The xbox and ps3 are too sit-still for me. The wii gives you excersize and motion. The controls are also a lot more fun then pressing a bunch of buttons repeatedly, instead you can actually swing your sword and stuff. Sure, the graphics may be of low quality, but its not 1980 graphics, they are plenty, you don't need high graphics to have fun. It is also a party system. I don't like the other systems because you just want to play by yourself and beat the game; however, the wii is even more fun when your playing with other people in the same room. If you really don't want the wii though, I would get the xbox (even though I don't like microsoft). It has some pretty good games. I would probably get one too for halo 3, but i'm broke :lol: .

I would definetly go for the Xbox 360, Halo 3 is the best! And it has alot of other awesome games too! I wish I could afford it :lol: I am still sticking with Xbox's Halo 2 and Ps2's Guitar Hero 2!

Thanks for the advice, guys I am seriously thinking about getting xbox 360 because PS3 surely is expensive ^^ ... but maybe I'll only get a Wii because my brother so wants it ??'

The way I see it as a gamer since the day I was born I would bas your game choices on what you like, not what system it is on, I know quite a few people that have bought every system that has come out on the market and go back and forth between systems and play their favorite games. It will be quite a long time till we see a price drop for the PS3 because of the hardware that was put into the system, but it's not hte system that makes the games, it's those who develope the games that of course make the game. There are quite a few games I wouldn't mind playing on the Xbox but I am not as young as I use to be when all I did was play video games and go to high school, so I have stuck with the system I have know the longest which is the playstation. I still have my PS1 and PS2 mind you they now been collecting dust for years(ps1) and of course months (ps2).Of course then you have the Wii who would have thought such a simple system would be the most popular, of course now people are getting Wiitis from all that shaking and movement they must input into it's controllers. My niece loves the fact she can do more then just pressing buttons. But hopefully she will grow out of unlike my brother and I who be doing it for more years to come till our hands fall off :lol:.

Sigh, screw graphics, they only get you so far!Buy the Wii, it's cheap, fun and anyone will play with you! The games are freaking awesome.The 360 and PS3 are just the same two systems you've been buying your whole life.

I would ask you to wait. Microsoft is thinking of a price reduction. It could cost nearly 100 dollars less. SO then you would have no better choice. Or you could get both Xbox 360 and Wii and still spare a lot of money over the PS3.

The Xbox360 is only 200 dollars more then the PS3. And if you use xbox live you're in trouble since it costs a lot more money eventually. The Wii is something new and is good and cheap, but after a couple hours of playing it it gets really boring and you want to play "classic" video games (Ones where you press buttons). I say get a PS3. Its cheaper in the long run and it also has motion detection which is going to be implemented in a lot of new games so basically you're getting a combined version of the systems, cheaper.

Hm...well you should get a PSP if you want some entertainment. but you have to pay for some downloads and stuff. You should get a DS if you want to play video games and stuff...PSP's cost about 200 dollarsA DS costs about 130 dollars. It's your choice. :XD:

Get the xbox360Because its cheaper from the ps3 (by a longshot! xbox ?200 - ps3 ?650)Load more games than the ps3 or any other console.Microsoft :XD:Hd readyxbox liveinternet+ a load more..technically you can buy the xbox360 and the wii :). DONT go for the ps3 due to several bad items..Yeah its got the internet! but you dont get gamerpoints and online msn like the xbox. The xbox has internet anywayIts a rip offUgly..and many more...Oh and by the way the Wii is alright but the graphics is a let down. Dont use a plasma or LCD telly if your gunna use one

Get either a Wii or a 360 first.The Wii is a great console... mad fun, IMO. More of a novelty than anything else, but for $250, it's not bad at all. The innovative method of play is outstanding when you're doing Wii Sports, but I wish there was more interactivity with other games (it doesn't seem that most games take full advantage of the motion sensing). There's not much of a great game library yet, but the future will bring better games. :D Also, the graphics are actually not that bad, but it's noticeably inferior when you compare a game like Zelda: Twilight Princess to something like what Halo 3's going to look like. Then again, remember that the Wii was made for fun, so to speak.Also, remember that (if you're a classic gaming fan) you can download stuff from the Virtual Console. It's like $5 for each game, but being able to play Super Mario Kart can be a priceless joy with friends. :D The 360 is also a great choice too, since you get the limited-backwards compatibility factor and the rivaling power second to the PS3 (but not by too far) as far as graphical potential goes. There's a vast gaming library open to you if you go with a 360, and I hear great things about a lot of games for the 360. There's also XBL for ya. This would be the console of choice if you're looking for a good time with great eye candy... and HD-DVD support. :) Just don't turn the console while you have a disc in it... and keep the ambient temperature cool. :XD: And of course, there's the PS3. The concept of it sounds outstanding... but even with the $100 price drop it's still rather pricey. If you want to do the whole Blu-Ray thing, this would be your best choice... but I actually haven't heard anything really great about PS3 games. I'm loving the trailers for KillZone 2, Resistance: Fall of Man, and a few others. But apparently the console has been bugging out. I'd wait for this one.I'd get the Wii first, since it's cheaper, it's fun, and I haven't heard anything bad as far as firmware or hardware goes aside from the flying Wiimotes.Then again, people are retarded.

Well it all depends on your tastes really as PS3 tends to be mostly popular for its RPGs while XBOX360 for its shooters and WII for its funtastic games that anyone can jump in and play. I'm a RPG lover so I decided I would be buying the PS3 before any other system.

Edited by Unknown_99 (see edit history)