xisto Community
reconraiders

Freehostia.com Great free host

I've been using freehostia.com as a free web host for a while now. They have been very very good to me. I actually have several accounts with them. Their system is set up very good. Easy to use control panel. All kinds of good stuff. PHPMyAdmin is preinstalled. They have elefante script installer which can install a nice selection of scripts like phpNuke, phpBB, OSComerce etc. The thing I like most about freehostia is how clean it is for a free site. There are absolutely no forced banners or ads of any kind. Whatever you upload is exactly what gets served. They allow lots of things other hosts don't. They only thing they don't have is the mail() function. I have been using the free hosting for a while and I think I'm actually going to switch to paid hosting with them. They are a really good service. The cheapest paid hosting plan is $1.95 a month. It gives you 10GB bandwidth and 500MB storage, which I think is pretty good for the price and the service. They also have domains at freehostia for $9.95 a year(not bad). Their support system is really good too. They use a ticket system. They say there is a 24hour guarantee response time to tickets with the free hosting plan, but I have never had to wait more than 2 hours for a response. For the paid hosting plans it is 1 hour response team guaranteed. If you're looking for a free or cheap host with all the best features and php,mysql,perl. Freehostia is definitely one of the best.

There a great host to try out scripts on, and maybe have for a little while, but they're not a good site to have a professional site on, as their basic features are not matched to Xisto's

Freehostia is gone, I guess. When I try to access it, it just doesn't open. My site is gone. Maybe it was because they started hosting too many people for free and the server couldn't take it and... that is it.

Freehostia is gone, I guess. When I try to access it, it just doesn't open. My site is gone. Maybe it was because they started hosting too many people for free and the server couldn't take it and... that is it.

No way. I just signed up for another account yesterday. You must be doing something wrong.

Freehostia is messed up among all my trials it was very nice among all else but when I stumbled upon Xisto i dont mind wasting 2 hours a day for this service and community. Great place.

This is what offered at freehostia

Posted Image

Now a comparison with Xisto

Domains 9 in Xisto while 2 in Freehostia

Subdomains 99 in Xisto while 9 in Freehostia

Emails 99 in Xisto while 3 in Freehostia

Mailing list 99 in Xisto while 0 in Freehostia

FTP 99 in Xisto while 1 in Freehostia

Database 99 in Xisto while 1 in Freehostia

No limit for Database space in Xisto while it is limited to 10 MB in Freehostia

Bandwith 10 GB in Xisto while 5 GB in Freehostia

Storage capacity 500 MB in Xisto while 250 MB in Freehostia

No of files limited to 50000 in Freehostia while no such limit in Xisto

File size is limited to 500 KB in Freehostia while no such limit in Xisto

So everything is open now and you yourself decide where you want to go.

Domains 9 in Xisto while 2 in FreehostiaSubdomains 99 in Xisto while 9 in Freehostia
Emails 99 in Xisto while 3 in Freehostia
Mailing list 99 in Xisto while 0 in Freehostia
FTP 99 in Xisto while 1 in Freehostia
Database 99 in Xisto while 1 in Freehostia
No limit for Database space in Xisto while it is limited to 10 MB in Freehostia
Bandwith 10 GB in Xisto while 5 GB in Freehostia
Storage capacity 500 MB in Xisto while 250 MB in Freehostia
No of files limited to 50000 in Freehostia while no such limit in Xisto
File size is limited to 500 KB in Freehostia while no such limit in Xisto
So everything is open now and you yourself decide where you want to go.

Okay... I'm confused as to what Xisto Offers. Up at the top of the Forums index page it says package 2 offers 150mb space and 5000mb bandwidth. However, you say 500mb storage and 10000mb bandwidth. I believe it also says this on the Xisto homepage. What's the deal? Can you explain to me?

Okay... I'm confused as to what Xisto Offers. Up at the top of the Forums index page it says package 2 offers 150mb space and 5000mb bandwidth. However, you say 500mb storage and 10000mb bandwidth. I believe it also says this on the Xisto homepage. What's the deal? Can you explain to me?

That was the official size until a few months back but then all the package 2 plans were upgraded to 500 MB storage space and 10,000 MB bandwidth. They might need to change the description then, but if you want, I can give you a screenshot of the CPanel where I have 500 MB storage and 10,000 MB bandwidth.
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/45575-default-hosting-package-plan-upgrade-sweet-mother-of-jesus/ You can check up this link for the official announcement.

And for Freehostia.com, I figured out Xisto way before I could even make up a decent site, and then I never had to try anything other than Freewebs.com which was way back... :lol:

And Xisto "Pwns!" any other free web-hosting service anytime, I bet Freehostia will never be as good as Xisto. :D
Edited by sylenzednuke (see edit history)

That was the official size until a few months back but then all the package 2 plans were upgraded to 500 MB storage space and 10,000 MB bandwidth. They might need to change the description then, but if you want, I can give you a screenshot of the CPanel where I have 500 MB storage and 10,000 MB bandwidth.
And for Freehostia.com, I figured out Xisto way before I could even make up a decent site, and then I never had to try anything other than Freewebs.com which was way back... :lol:

And Xisto "Pwns!" any other free web-hosting service anytime, I bet Freehostia will never be as good as Xisto. :D

Okay cool! I just applied for hosting here at Xisto. No need for a screenshot. Thanks! I'm beginning to see all the glory that is Xisto lol. Although I have a feeling I'm going to get tired of posting in forums all the time. I think once I get some money I'm just gonna go for the paid hosting at Xisto - Web Hosting. That seems like quite a good deal. $33 a year for ALL those features they give you! 33GB a month b/w. Unlimited everything pretty much except storage and bandwidth.

Okay cool! I just applied for hosting here at Xisto. No need for a screenshot. Thanks! I'm beginning to see all the glory that is Xisto lol. Although I have a feeling I'm going to get tired of posting in forums all the time. I think once I get some money I'm just gonna go for the paid hosting at Xisto - Web Hosting. That seems like quite a good deal. $33 a year for ALL those features they give you! 33GB a month b/w. Unlimited everything pretty much except storage and bandwidth.

Great one more member decided to join Xisto. But I don't think you will get tired or bored by posting, this will happen only when you do things against your will. But here in Xisto theres a lot and a variety of things to post and I don't think you have some different interests which are not available.

Okay, I'm hosted here at Xisto now. My first look at the cpanel, I'm pretty impressed. I used to be hosted on a nice fancy CPanel server before. Since then I've been missing all the wonderful features. I'm glad to be here on Xisto with CPanel hosting for FREEEEEE. Xisto kicks butt :lol:

Nothing beats the Good OL Xisto. Atleast not that I know of, it even beats some paid hosting packages I have seen, plus its a great community, but its nice to have competition though. I think their 1 year domains are about a dollar or 2 to expensive.