xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lionking729

File Transfer Program

Say I want to transfer a big file; with explorer, all you get is a small box estimating how much time it takes and you can't pause it if it takes to long. But would there be a program that does the same thing, but it displays the %, the speed, etc. and have the ability to pause the transfer, and/or verify the copy when the transfer is done?Oh and maybe have the ability to make a sharing folder (or something similar) which copies the contents on both (or more) computers either automatically or periodically

Say I want to transfer a big file; with explorer, all you get is a small box estimating how much time it takes and you can't pause it if it takes to long. But would there be a program that does the same thing, but it displays the %, the speed, etc. and have the ability to pause the transfer, and/or verify the copy when the transfer is done?

GetRight is fine (my choice for past 10 yrs)I tested almost all programs ,but top 2 are GetRight and FTP Voyager

i use fireftp, an extension for the firefox mozilla browser. it works well and easy to use. i don't know about pausing your transfer, but i think it shows information like the percent upload, and you can cancel your download by aborting it.

Well, I use CoreFTP, and it works good. Allows you to upload/download many files at once, allows you to pass a whole queue or single file, clear a list, delete/rename files, and other cool junk. There's a free and paid version. I use the free version and I like it :)