xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
YoYoBoY

Super Smash Brothers Melee Review In anticipation for Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Although this game is a few years old, the game is worth purchasing. For graphics fans, the graphics are good, even since it was one of the GameCube's first games. It is quite a good jump compared to the N64 version (Super Smash Bros. is a good game, too and probably took advantage of the graphical capabilities of the N64 to the greatest extent possible at the time). For fighting fanatics, it's not your average fighting game. Instead of a limited amount of health that can't be recovered (Soul Calibur 2 players are excused), there is a percentage meter. The higher the percentage, the more of a chance that your character will get knocked out of the arena and start over. Even beginner fighting fans can play this game because of the characters' moves simplicity. The most anybody will ever see as a combo is the B-button and a analog stick direction. As for stages to fight on, they are plentiful. Want fast-paced? Two F-Zero stages are for you. Feel like retro? The Game&Watch stage is for you. Feel like mountain-climbing? The stage based on Ice Climbers is for you. There are various modes, each and every single one fun. Collect trophies of Nintendo characters of the past, present, and future (when the game was released, now we can't say K.K. Slider has not encountered Americans yet anymore) by achieving certain things throughout the game. Play a match with limited health in a stamina melee. Play the way you want to play in Training mode. Live one-ninth of a cat's life in All Star Mode, where you get three Heart Containers to use, if necessary. Play through a mode similar to the original Super Smash Bros. in Classic mode. For baseball fans (and everyone else), see how far you can hit a sandbag. On another subject, there are a variety of characters to choose from including Marth, Roy (both from the Fire Emblem series), Samus, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, and nineteen others. Each character has a uniqueness. Falco, for example, (I just told another character) is not as fast at the blaster as Fox McCloud is. Pichu (another one I just revealed) damages himself when he or she (who knows?) does electrical attacks. All in all, Super Smash Bros. Melee is worth it. You can get it very cheap, around 20 dollars, now, and its playable on Wii too! A great game to pass the time as you wait for Metroid, Mario, and Brawl.

Sometimes when I go and visit my old neighbors we will play on the Gamecube and that is the game we tend to play. It is a lot of fun when you are fighting between friends and what not. (Saves you from fighting in real life. :lol:) It's a bit of healthy competition. Usually we just do a battle between four of us on the different levels as our own favorite characters. It's a pretty cool game I think, I still have a Nintendo 64 but I didn't get a Gamecube, instead I got a Playstation 2. I personally enjoyed being one of the Marios or Kirby. Sometimes I was Falco though when someone already took my character.

this was one of the best games on the gamecube. It is great to play with friends and you can get hours and hours of enjoyment out of it. The game play is amazing and overall it is just a great game. I personally can't wait for super smash brothers brawl becuase it will most likely be even better than the last one if that is even possible, I wish it came out sooner.

I love super smash. I still play the gamecube version on my Wii and occasionally the Nintendo 64 version for a couple of good laughs. I can't wait for Super Smash Bros. Brawl like everybody else. Wonder how they'll use the Wii's controllers in the game.