xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
RedAlert

Let's Talk About Russia And The Usa

As you're probably aware of, the US Government would like to install an anti missile system in Eastern Europe.

The justification for this project is, unsurprisingly, to protect Eastern Europe from rogue states such as Iran or North Korea. A rather odd claim, considering the positions of those two countries. North Korea has recently had successful missile tests, but their capabilities are certainally nowhere near what is needed to attack Eastern Europe. Iran is in the same situation, but even further behind in terms of technology.

Now, does anyone honestly believe, propaganda against these two nations aside, that other government would be stupid enough to launch an attack that would result in their near instant annihilation? North Korea's nuclear program exists solely as a bargaining chip to secure desperately needed aid, and Iran's exists as a deterrent against western pressure on its policies.

Of course, the average western government, along with most media outlets, paint the leaderships of these two countries as bloodthirsty extremists, capable of doing anything. At the moment, Iran doesn't even have nuclear capability. If, for some reason, Kim Jong-Il was to take immediate leave of his senses and dream up such an attack, and, ignoring the obvious technological issues, the vast majority of North Korea's generals would commit a military coup faster than you can blink, considering the alternative of having their nation turned into the world's largest nuclear wasteland.

So, what is this proposed system for? Well, over the past few months, the American government has becoming increasingly critical of what it views to moves towards authoritarianism in Russia, and this is clearly a sign of discouragement. Putin's reaction is unsurprising.

Of course, NATO and the US will ultimately play dumb, but Putin, having experienced the Cold War first hand, is hardly a foolish man. Honourable or not, the outlandish claims of the proposed defense system are a rather flimsy cover for a message to Russia. Putin's threat may not be very noble, but it is hardly surprising. To appear weak to a world that is increasingly isolating the Russian state, one that could have easily become an important ally in the post 9/11 world, is not something an ex-KGB official turned President is likely to do.

I could go on for quite awhile, but instead I'll leave you with the very insightful thoughts of one Mikhail Gorbachev, and invite you to add your own.

I completely agree with you...USA is talking crap! They have to find something so that Europe will grant their building of anti-missile schield, because they have to set it up in Europe so it block the missiles soon enough. Behind all that is a loooot of money and the country that will let Bushy set this sort of stuff on their land wil be paid huuuuuge amounts of money, not mentionig who knows how big business oportunities and stuff like that. Please do not be naive folks, today even in politics the big majority of stuff is governed by money & business...It is the same in this situation..

I agree with heavensounds, the whole world is corrupt when it comes to money. If you have the right amount of money, you can do anything. many of us know USA has alot of money, and they are not afraid to use that to their advantages. I'm wouldn't be surpised if they haven't set up the anti-missle system already.Russia on the other hand is just like USA, there is not doubt about it. Although both sides are as corrupt as each other and have the same aims. People living in Europe and USA all belive that russia is a evil country, who kill each other and are stupid. This is due to movies where the enemy is always from China, Iraq or Russia. And these movies, they are american movies that the european countries watch. Paraganda is the name.

Yes I believe that this is the same story as back to the Cold War. The United States doesn't want to have to worry about a nuclear attack from any country. Just the though of a country having as much or more power than us. During the Cold War Russia feared the US and the US feared Russia. I can't speak for the Russians but I think the US is still afraid of Russia. But it is more than that, it is what I said before about the US not wanting to have anyone as powerful than them. I do live in the US and I'm proud of the country but some of the things we do aren't really fair. I don't really know too much about the government but I think it's another country's business to whether they want to build nuclear warfare or not. Sure if it's gonna be used against the US I'd like to stop it but we shouldn't until it is or plans.