xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
crazymind21

Spiderman Signature Tut long tut

1. oke lets make our sign, start by making a new document size wise 400widthx100height,(in pixels ofcourse)

2. make the background color(with paint bucket)#3a3102

3 now get the dodge tool( it will be shown on the printscreen if u don't know where u find the dodge tool)

.........................setting=129 softround brush

..........................range=highlight

.....................exposure=260%

move it like this

Posted Image

make sure u dodge it a lil more in the middle

result=

Posted Image

4.now where gonna use this background below i got from deviantart, i dun realy know the name anymore of the person who made it but anyway

Posted Image

,than drag it into ur background(i used the right side of it),than change the layer style to color dodge

result=

Posted Image

5.oke basicly at state in the signature i don' t want anything to bright.so i'm gonna use the eraser tool with a low opacity to change the brightness a bit,whats the printscreen

Posted Image

after u done that it should look like this

Posted Image

6.now i'm gonna use the wallpaper below,and resize it cause it to big

to resize= image>size canvas>than change the width to 522,the height adjust automaticly

Posted Image

7.so after u resized it drag it into thebackground of the signature,and change the layer style 2 linear dodge

again change the brighter bits a lil,after that flatten the layer

result =

Posted Image

8.now duplicate the layer

layer>duplicate layer>

than change the layer style to overlay

result=

Posted Image

next part is the render a few tips about render placement/size

-make sure the render isn't to big

-look for a render that first the background not only colorwise but alsothe renders movements

-or if the render colors dun match but the render does, than just make sure the render merges in

9. i don't have many renders but i thought the spiderman render would fit

Posted Image

10. again resize it too round about 400width

than drag it in to ur back ground , and get the green stuf deleted so u only have the render itself

result=

Posted Image

11. now get the eraser tool same size as u left it, and erase some of the left arm like i did on the signature below

result=

Posted Image

12.now flatten the layer and use the dodgetool and burn tool to darken and brighten some stuff,

(dodge tool) brightens

(burn tool) darkens

here is my result make it simular, or just skip this,if u lik eit allready

result=

Posted Image

13.at this point u will see that the right site of the signature doesn' t look good,so we will get the selection tool and make a selection like this

Posted Image

14.now while the selection is open push this

ctrl C

ctrl D

ctrl V

u just copied the selection part and,pasted it in the middle. u should have this

Posted Image

15. now drag that piece of copied sign to the right ,simular to mine below

Posted Image

16, now get a very small grungie brush to erase some of the part u just copied, so ur right part of the sign dun look like a straight line anymore,,,

my result=

Posted Image

17. now flatten the layer,than duplicate the layer.

than go to layer>adjustment layer>black%white

with these settings

Posted Image

18, now the duplicate layer, should look black,stay on this layer and change th elayer style 2 pinlight

this i sthe end result

Posted Image

Nice tutorial I will make one of these and where do you get your renders? Planet Renders? Because that is a really good site.

Very nice, at first I was like "this is going to be bad"I was quite surprised!I like the effects used, I use planet renders myself.You?

A really nice tutorial must say.All the tutorials I've seen had many sig-specific details and techniques but here you've mentioned about layer blending, adjustments and tools which many tutorials lack today. These things don't only help in particular sigs but all of them!Loved the ending result, but I prefer blending the layer using feather selection, it makes things easier. :lol:

Hey crazymindThis tutorial is nice except for the Picture you add for the backbround and the colour changes. The render work you have done is good. But just that image is what is bothering me. Maybe you could change it . heres why:-There is a lot of space left aroung the sig maybe duplicating a lil' more would do. But i will try this out later ( BTW your using the same Photoshop as me. ( CS3 extended))

Hey crazymind
This tutorial is nice except for the Picture you add for the backbround and the colour changes. The render work you have done is good. But just that image is what is bothering me. Maybe you could change it . heres why:-

There is a lot of space left aroung the sig maybe duplicating a lil' more would do. But i will try this out later ( BTW your using the same Photoshop as me. ( CS3 extended))

well i know there is alot of space on the left but don' t fill it, it will screw up the signature, just take my word for it,
now next,ty guys for the comment chears all

renders= i got them from gamerenders, there is a post that has like packages of round about 2000-3000 renders,u can download for me, planetrenders is good but game has more options
Edited by crazymind21 (see edit history)

I think if you didn't cover up the sides of the Spiderman as much as you did and you could see him a bit more it would be better. However the tutorial is excellent and the ending result looks excellent as well. Nice job on it and I hope to see you post some more tutorials up soon.

Interesting tutorial with a great outcome however I think that blending would have look better with some good smudging around the render for a more blended effect. Also the sig size should be a bit bigger due to the size and shape of hte render and where I am getting at is you could show spider-mans right arm in the sig to give it some depth. Coloring could be better but the point about a tutorials is to pic up some techniques and then modify and adjust where needed.

saint -to put the arm in wont look good i tryed, it was this way or make the render so small that he fits in hole-smudge tool.i think the smudge tool is useless, i think i blendet the render perfectly- size wise,making it bigger ,this is a personal thing, some make em big i don't,,i make em 400x100-try going to digital-industry, if u spend a lil time there, u will see how people make the best signs out there,btw i advice u to follow this tut and make a sign on it ,with the changes u want.!!cause i' m doubting ur gfx skill

Greetingswow man this is a really nice tuorial you made man,ireally like the render you have ,and the nice bg render from deviantart,i'm looking forward to see more of your tutorials,keep up the good work,have a nice day,Bye :lol:

Wow. That was a great tutorial. Now for the text. I agree with that S&M guy, the blending is not at it's best. How 'bout next you make a tutorial on some great text, if you are from a "great place" :lol: . The size could be bigger, but that's just what I think. G' night!