xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hulunes

Gmail Drive a gmail net harddrive

hey to everyone...recently i have heard a good net harddisk that use ur gmail space.i just had a try,very very good.

first u should go to the website http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm and download the gmail drive installation files which is about 120k.

then u can install it on your computer. after that u will see the detail below:

Posted Image

u should type u account name and password of ur gmail

certainly you can also check its properties

Posted Image

you can upload ur files to the disk but only 10M everytime.

that'all

the best way that you should have a try

good luck! :D

ohhhh,i am sorry that maybe i had a old new about the gmail drive.perhaps you all had owned one gmail drive.nothing serious,but it's a rather new news in the asian area...lol:

I had this before and it was really usefull when my com crashed becuase i had some really important stuff on it. ;) Really enjoy this service from google it makes my life alot easyer. :P Hope they get some more goodies for us! ;)

um,it looks as if a lot of people have tried and owned a Gmail drive.it is pity that we only upload 10M file every time.as somebody said,there has been an software which add the content over 50M when uploading every time.if we can make a good use of the Gmail drive by that software,the netdisk must be a very very useful tool.lol:

I have been using it for a few days already and I think it is rather good. However, it would be better if there is a way to rename the e-mail messages to make it look more neat rather than a jumble of computer lingo. So far so good. I think you should give this program a try. The Gmail drive is very useful, especially if you want to sneak some music into your school. :rolleyes:

Ok have it.At first it seemed a little cheap, However after testing it out to the max I found this to be very useful. It did not interfer with my connection of any functions on my computer. Also I cam able to transfer files now from my office to home easily. No more thumb drives and floppies. You can creat folders and it has the secruity of google. If you own a gmail account please try it. plus its free and everyone love free.

even though the gmail drive is soooooo good lol:,let's go to introduce it to more and more friends not only in Xisto but also your area.umm,but its most problem is the uploading content,only 10M everytime...in fact we could not use too large file as a mobile one usually.satisfy...

well,i had used it just now.although used once,it looks a good mail tool surely.from now on,simplely,i can transfer my files mobile frequently to gmail drive...sounds a rather useful help to me.what you said about content when uploading is not a problem.the storage is large enough to stroe files usually.i must make a great use of gmail drive,which is faily important and useful...thanks for the download website your offered.

I tried it and it works very fine. but I have a 56k slow modem connection so I think it has somethiing to do with the speed. but it's good. but I also have a CD-write and a digicam that doubles as a removable drive so I think i dont need Gmail Drive anymore.

+ Information of Gmail Drive:GMail Drive is a Shell Namespace Extension that creates a virtual filesystem around your Google GMail account, allowing you to use GMail as a storage medium. GMail Drive creates a virtual filesystem on top of your Google GMail account and enables you to save and retrieve files stored on your GMail account directly from inside Windows Explorer. GMail Drive literally adds a new drive to your computer under the My Computer folder, where you can create new folders, copy and drag'n'drop files to. Ever since Google started to offer users a GMail e-mail account, which includes storage space of a 1000 megabytes, you have had plenty of storage space but not a lot to fill it up with. With GMail Drive you can easily copy files to your GMail account and retrieve them again. When you create a new file using GMail Drive, it generates an e-mail and posts it to your account. The e-mail appears in your normal Inbox folder, and the file is attached as an e-mail attachment. GMail Drive periodically checks your mail account (using the GMail search function) to see if new files have arrived and to rebuild the directory structures. But basically GMail Drive acts as any other hard-drive installed on your computer. You can copy files to and from the GMail Drive folder simply by using drag'n'drop like you're used to with the normal Explorer folders. THANK yOUBye !!