xisto Community
Imtay22

Getting Into Router

NETGEAR WG311v2

I am trying to get into my router. I don't know what user and pass to use for this because I tried "admin" with pass "admin" and "admin" with pass 'password". Now what? I think I have a pretty out-dated router. Can anyone help? Thanks!~

Well I know you use 192.168.1.1 to get to it. Usually it is like you said, either admin and admin or admin and password. I checked on portforward.com and couldn't find a WG311v2 so it must be old. Oh yea you may want to try leaving the username blank and password as admin. I know it sounds stupid cause thats what linksys does, but hey wont hert to try.Edit:Just thought of something. If you know there are people around you who may accsess your router they could have set a diff password. If that happens just hit the rest button on the router.

Edited by Shortyjtl00 (see edit history)

Interestingly enough I checked out the support page for this product it says to use the the password 1234 with the user name admin. Try that password out and see if you can get in, if not reset the router to it's default settings and then try the password.

SUPPORT PAGE

http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/WG311v2.asp

If you have the router manual then read through that as usually it will have the default username and password in there. Alternatively, if the password was changed, most manuals feature a space for you to write it in case you ever forget it.

If not, try some guesswork. The username should be admin, and the password could be any one of a number of defaults such as:

password

admin

zebra (don't know why, but I've seen this as a default on quite a few :lol:)

If you still can't get in, you can try resetting the router, but of course this will only reset it back to the default. If you don't know what the default is then you still won't be able to get in. Alternatively phone or email Netgear and explain your situation. As long as you give them the serial number and stuff, they should be happy you own that router and will give you the default password.

I am trying to get into my router. I don't know what user and pass to use for this because I tried "admin" with pass "admin" and "admin" with pass 'password". Now what? I think I have a pretty out-dated router. Can anyone help? Thanks!~

First of all thats not good to here.

Because any one can get into your router if you don't have contro of it, first reset the router to prevent any one from acessing it any more and to reset your login information than you will wait untill its fully reseted than you will login in to the router to confirm all setting and than asign a password for your network, and try to have a 7 to 20 letter password to make it hard to crack, than you will try to make a connection to the router to see if its working. If the above dosen't work than try to do some calling to Netgear and see if they can help. But I still think that my advice will still work.