xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
coybot

Need For Speed Carbon Hehe a Review for making some stuff clearly to others

Truly, this game is the best in its series, they introduced a new system, callen "autosculpting™ ". in this new feature you can make the car at a rate YOU wish. You can choose the size of the wheels, bumpers, hoods and more! the bad thing about the game is its online Lagg. this makes it sometimes in possible to win from your opponent, so be wise and always ask where they come from...

Cars

well, they have introduced three types of cars, Exotic, Tuner and Muscle, this is a FULL list of all the cars availeble in NFSC ( need for speed carbon ):

Tuner Cars: Their strongest point is handling, with decent acceleration but slower top speed. They consist of Japanese cars and mainstream European models.

2003 Infiniti G35 - ***

2001 Lexus IS300 (bonus car)# -

2007 Mazda3 MPS -

1999 Mazda RX-7 -

2003 Mazda RX-8 -

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (bonus car) -

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT -

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Edition -

1992 Nissan 240SX ** -

2006 Nissan 350Z -

1999 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R - (Tuner Career Only)

2005 Renault Clio V6 -

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi -

1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S (bonus car) -

1993 Toyota MR2 (bonus car)# -

1998 Toyota Supra -

2006 Volkswagen Golf R32 - (Tuner Career Only)

Muscle Cars: Their strongest point is acceleration and have decent top speed. Their handling is also poor though, and such cars are prone to sliding. Most cars are from companies of the United States.

2006 Chevrolet Camaro Concept (bonus car) **,# -

1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS -

1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS (bonus car) -

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 -

2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 -

1971 Dodge Challenger R/T* -

2006 Dodge Challenger Concept -

1969 Dodge Charger R/T -

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8(Muscle Career Only) -

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe -

2006 Ford Mustang GT - I

1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda -

1969 Plymouth Road Runner (bonus car) -

2006 Pontiac GTO (bonus car), (police car) -

1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 - (Muscle Career Only)

2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (bonus car) -

2005 Vauxhall Monaro VXR -

Exotic Cars: Their strongest point is their top speed, and are the most balanced, performance-wise, of the car classes. Most cars are from European companies.

2006 Alfa Romeo Brera - 2004 Aston Martin DB9 -

2003 Audi Le Mans Quattro (bonus car) -

2003 BMW M3 GTR (bonus car) -

2005 Ford GT -

2007 Jaguar XK ** -

2006 Koenigsegg CCX (bonus car)

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo -

2004 Lamborghini Murcielago -

2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 (bonus car) -

2004 Lotus Elise -

2006 Lotus Europa S (bonus car)# -

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 -

2005 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG -

2004 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren -

2006 Pagani Zonda F

2004 Porsche Carrera GT -

2006 Porsche Cayman S -

2007 Porsche 911 Turbo -

2006 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (bonus car

Races

Standard

Sprint: A simple race from point A to point B.

Circuit: A track that loops on itself; requires a set number of laps.

Drift: Players race around a track, similar to a circuit. Points are earned by drifting. The faster you are drifting, the more points earnt. Multipliers are earnt by linking drifts. The player with the most points wins. Crew members cannot be used in Drift races. Also players earn more drift points for drifting closer to the wall it's called a zone bonus.

Checkpoint: A sprint-type race where players have a certain amount of time to cross a checkpoint. After crossing a checkpoint, a time bonus is awarded. This is a 1-player only race, no opponents or crew members are present.

Speedtrap: Players must drive as fast as possible through a set number of speedtraps. The winner is the one with the highest clocked speed at the end of the race wins.

Race Wars: A circuit-type race, but with more laps and opponents. Crew members cannot be used in Race Wars.

Canyon

Carbon also features races that take place on Canyons. Canyon roads have sharper, more winding tracks when compared to the city. Certain barriers in canyons will also give way if the player's car hits them, leading to them coming off the canyon and losing the race. Crew members cannot be used in Canyon races.

Canyon Sprint: A race from the top of a canyon to the bottom.

Canyon Checkpoint: Same as a checkpoint, but on a canyon.

Canyon Drift: Players drive down the canyon similar to a Canyon Sprint. Points are earnt by drifting - the faster you drift, the more points you get. Multipliers are earnt by maintaining clean sections. The player with the most points wins.

Canyon Duel: A Canyon Duel consists of two stages. In the first, the player follows an opponent down a canyon road. The closer you follow the opponent, the more points you earn. In the second stage, the opponent follows the player along the same route. The closer the opponent follows, the more points that are lost. To win, the player must finish with more than zero points, lose the opponent for more than 10 seconds or overtake the opponent for more than 10 seconds.

My opinion

Well, in my eyes this game is great, i give it a 9 on a scale of 10, it has some bugs and lag spikes that should be fixed, until then it will be a 9 in my eyes

Notice from jlhaslip:
Lists need to be enclosed in Quote tags. Otherwise, you are cheating the credit system.

Notice from truefusion:

Hi Coybot!I really agree with your statement that Carbon is the very best game on this fantastic series, I?ve played it since it?s first edition and by doing so I can assure this.The online network lagg is kind of annoying but it doesn?t take any of the fun off, but if you run the game in above normal priority the lagg is dramatically reduced. But one thing about the series that makes me their fan is that with the force feedback steering wheel, it does really give you the sensation of driving, which is one of the best thrills in life.My dad was a professional pilot, and he thought me how do drive and get the most of my car, use it as an extension of my own body and push it beyond the limits, what I want to say is that this is the closest safest way to have tons of fun and still be safe!!!!Regards!!!

Hi Coybot!
I really agree with your statement that Carbon is the very best game on this fantastic series, I´ve played it since it´s first edition and by doing so I can assure this.

The online network lagg is kind of annoying but it doesn´t take any of the fun off, but if you run the game in above normal priority the lagg is dramatically reduced. But one thing about the series that makes me their fan is that with the force feedback steering wheel, it does really give you the sensation of driving, which is one of the best thrills in life.

My dad was a professional pilot, and he thought me how do drive and get the most of my car, use it as an extension of my own body and push it beyond the limits, what I want to say is that this is the closest safest way to have tons of fun and still be safe!!!!

Regards!!!

Wow, well ill stick to my USB generic controller :) but i mean the online distance lagg, the game itselfs works fine, not even a single lagg...

Need for speed corbon is so coool game with coolest grafics ,,,,,,,,, u people may got shocked to listen that i run it under my 790MHZ P3 PC .... and what the result is a teriffic result no difference on 2GB and 3 GHZ machine with my computer...Having 256 MB Graphics memory i can be able to play it smoothely...

Need for speed corbon is so coool game with coolest grafics ,,,,,,,,, u people may got shocked to listen that i run it under my 790MHZ P3 PC .... and what the result is a teriffic result no difference on 2GB and 3 GHZ machine with my computer...Having 256 MB Graphics memory i can be able to play it smoothely...

umm....no way...theres no way you can run carbon with them low specs it is far from carbons minimum spec requirements....

I have a 1.6 gig processor 512mb ddr ram fx5500 256mb card and i have trouble running it on low graphics.....so i dont think thats true at all..

Carbon: Best game in series? i think not....

Most Wanted beats it hands down....

Campaign: Carbon vs Most Wanted

Story in carbon was rushed not thought of at all, it had its good parts then it got crap due to ea losing sight of the story and not completeing it properly.

Story in Most Wanted was much different, it actually made sense and kept you intrigued...something that carbon failed to do.

Features: Carbon vs Most Wanted

Carbon wins this category due to amount of ideas ea put in, all the cars...the crew system....the autosculpt system.....

Online:

This I cant comment as I dont think paying 30 pound for carbon to play online is worth it....this is where Most Wanted beats carbon in my oponion....

Final Verdict:

There was signs of a good game in carbon and if ea had put as much effort into the campaign as they did with the features then Most Wanted would not of touched carbon but because ea screwed up Most Wanted is the best game in the series so far.

I'm a fan of the NFS series and i 've played every single game from the first part.I'd say that Most wanted beats Carbon by providing a very intersting and enchanting gameplay.Carbon has just cool looks and better effects, still there is a lot more to improve in damage modelling.

Some images:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Need for speed Carbon is one of the best games of the day, is now available for all types of consoles and pc. The game has extremely powerful graphics that require large resources. One of the most positive aspects of the game is that it has a great variety of cars. Another thing I liked in the game was the intervention of the police in this game and much more effectively than in previous versions. The major negative aspect of the game is that it is always at night. The game is very exciting and has a great playability.

BUY NOW :rolleyes: