xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

What Is Your Website About?

Well i was just looking around, and i'm like, Hmm i wonder what the people here at Xisto are actually hosting on their sites. So i figured i would make a topic asking what kind of website you are hosting here on Xisto?Right now i'm not hosting any website on my account :lol:

I mainly use my Xisto account to host a forum aimed at Game creation and development, which is based on a specific program. It's not that active yet though...only about 300 members. I was going to put up a website, but I never get around to it, so I just use it for my forum.

I host a random collection of stuff :lol: I have a few galleries and of course, my puzzle, hosted on my account. The bulk of it is my blog, although due to my exams that's not being updated at the moment. I also host a site for a local cycling group I am a member of, and put some of my code I am developing there, so I can easily show it to other people.

Good topic!The site I'm hosting is a rant site (link in sig), for people and us to post things that annoy you. Unfortunately the site takes a long time to load from a image intensive Joomla template, but that will soon change (in exams atm... and none of our other members know how to do anything like that!)

Mine just an all-around chat, but it's supposed to be more about the huskers. I don't have a lot of members, but it's fun. We talk about sports, technology, news, basically everything!

for me, i just recently started a new anime site, i plan to have free anime and manga downloads, info on series and up anime news updates, online manga, and online image galleries of characters and such, i hopefully soon will start up a manga coloring team, like color requested manga chapters from many series, til now i only got some of that accomplished, i really blame it on my connection speed though, i ahve the slowest bellsout dsl connection u can ever get, so usually i can get about 2 to 3 episodes uploaded in a day, since they are in high quality avi (about 165mb to 180 mb each episode), though trust me, im not lazy!, i was at a hotel a week ago and they had a fast a$$ connection, so i got about 50 episodes uploaded in 2 days! lol, wich me luck with my site though, cuzz some members on my forums are causing trouble and making the traffic go down...

I just activated my hosting account today here at Xisto! I'm satisfied with what I see so far! :lol: I haven't uploaded anything yet, but I think for now I'm just gonna test some scripts out and stuff. Test some of the features of the server and whatnot. If things are good, and I can get lots of good posts in the forums, I might host my domain reconraiders.com here on Xisto. You can check out the site right now. It's hosted somewhere else right now. It is a website for my airsoft team called the Recon Raiders. We replicate a US Army Special Forces Team and conduct mission reenactments. It's pretty fun stuff. You can see lots of pictures and videos of us on the website. You can even post in the forums there if you're interested! Check it out! It's also in my sig! :D

now that i'm near my goal in getting a free domain and launching my site under that domain name, i'm doing a complete overhaul of the website. i'm currently hosting a blog right now, that i'm planning on changing the design by making my own wordpress theme. i'm also thinking of hosting some of the applications i've made when i was still in college, make an official website about it and stuff. as much as possible i would like to maximize my hosting account so i won't need to have accounts in different hosting services like photobucket.

Well since I really have nothing better to do I opened a Xisto credit-giving-out site. HAha... I put up different challenges and the people who correctly answer the challenges get free credits! YAy!~wow i really need to get a hobby....

Good topic!
The site I'm hosting is a rant site (link in sig), for people and us to post things that annoy you. Unfortunately the site takes a long time to load from a image intensive Joomla template, but that will soon change (in exams atm... and none of our other members know how to do anything like that!)

I have to admit that is a pretty cool topic. Daily rants for the win xD

Well now that that is done. I made my website mainly to focus around art because I really want to see what people have. I let them post it in the gallery, I also have forums in which people can talk in. I am helping my friend host his guild on the website also because he needed a place to put it. I only have 24 members (most are inactive :)) but I still enjoy it. So for people who want to spread their art around don't be hesitant and join my site! Haha.
I also have a download section which I might end up putting some anime, or music up on if I can. Though it is being very difficult (grr). Well hope to see some new people on my website and cool ideas for everyone else :)

My website is about guitar and other instruments. I write lessons and put them up, but I won't be advertising for my website for a while..... I need to write all my content and such. In that time im trying to get credits and host a domain here. I seriously have loads of work to do though, I'm a master at procrastination. I don't know when I should start advertising though... It's difficult to just pick a time and meet up to it.... Especially because I have to research sometimes inbetween. Still, one things for sure, it is definitely increasing my guitar knowledge and 'playability'. If there's any musicians willing to offer a hand out there, drop me a line :P